Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could a new band be adding steps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello -  yesterday I installed a new band on my Blaze. Today when I turned the device on I already had more than 4k steps recorded and burned 1800 calories.  Something seems to be off.  To make it more complicated I also installed the software update yesterday.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @dilou! 🙂 Good to see you in the Community Forums!

I don't really think that adding a new band would make your tracker to over count steps, however, this sounds odd.

What I can recommend would be to restart your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. After that, keep an eye on it and see if you notice any difference.

Let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the problem is that the device didn't fully reset at midnight. Steps, distance and calories carried over from the previous day. I'm guessing this has something to do with the updated firmware.

Sent from my mobile device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @dilou!

I'm not sure if that would be the case but there's a possibility for that to be the cause. After that day, has everything gone back to normal or are you still having problems with this?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes