Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily charging OK?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With my Charge I would charge overnight once I got my low battery alert. With the Surge I like the nightly heartrate stats and wondering if charging it daily while in the shower is OK? Maybe once a month I'll let it drain fully before charging overnight to keep the battery calibration. 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

This is an interesting question and I hope Fitbit gives their official response.  I charge 5-10 a couple times a day, while driving and while in teh shower.....and for the most part it keeps it about 80%.  Should I be letting it get low?  

Great question!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You shouldn't need to charge it daily.  Just when your battery is falling low.  The Blaze is supposed to last 5 days and i'm finding it lasting 6 or 7 days so far.  

I wouldn't shower with it, since it's not waterproof, just water resistant.  I used to do that with my flex and found that the battery life was shortened the more I got it wet.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
With my Charge HR and now with my Blaze, put it on the charger every day while I take a shower.
At least until recently since my charger broke. It's been two days and the battery will probably be dead by the end of the day. Hopefully the replacement charger shows up today.

Doesn't make too much sense to wait until it's really low on a charge to recharge it. It takes a really, really long time to fully charge it from a low battery level. Where as if you charge it every day while you shower, you always have a full or mostly full charge all the time. And it only takes a few minutes.
Best Answer
I'm not going to decide what "doesn't make sense," but my Blaze has been lasting 5-6 days between charges, so I see no reason to charge it any more often.
Best Answer
0 Votes
How each person uses the tracker determines how long the battery lasts. Mine would never last 5 to 6 days. 2 to 3 is about all I get. And three is if I have one no so active day thrown in there.

I run 45 minutes in the morning before work, take a fast paced walk for an hour during lunch the run again after work an hour. I'm tracking my activity during each run/walk.

So I guess no single answer is correct for everyone. Usage, activity level, desired settings and the need to have a fully or mostly charged tracker all the time needs to be taken into account.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@MikeS1971, your usage model doesn't appear to be that much different from many other people. And I'm not convinced if tracking an exercise is significantly more if a battery drain than just walking around and counting steps. Your device might just be operating on the low end of normal, as far as battery life is concerned.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is some general  info on lithium batteries, and charging. This is easily Googled.

You don't want them to discharge completly,  and don't want to charge them completly.  So in theory a daily partial charge, that brings the battery up to about 80% would be fine. 

A slower charge will give off less heat, amd give a more uniform charge.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Here is some general  info on lithium batteries, and charging. This is easily Googled.

You don't want them to discharge completly,  and don't want to charge them completly.  So in theory a daily partial charge, that brings the battery up to about 80% would be fine. 

A slower charge will periodic less heat, amd give a more uniform charge.

Thank you rich, I was not sure it the battery was a standard lithium or not, but I guess google could have told me that.  Your post though was the first answer I saw to the original question, and my question in the second post.  The OP and myself udnerstand that you "don't need to" charge it daily, but it is a habit of charging when in the shower or in the car for me, so it keeps it closer to the 80%+ range all of the time.

The question was not "how often" but is it bad to charge that often.  Thanks!

Best Answer