Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance inconsistencies even with GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I walk a pretty consistent route that measures almost exactly 3 miles. My Blaze typically reports anywhere from 2.9 to 3.1 miles and about 7000 steps, which I was fine with. However, I've had it occasionally measure far less distance than it should. Today for example it measured 2.66 miles and only about ~4450 steps. Here are the various distances I've gotten for the same exact route over the past couple of weeks:

IMG_2374.PNG

????????

IMG_2376.PNG

IMG_2377.PNG

IMG_2378.PNG

Any ideas what's going on here? How is it possible that it's recording the same route via GPS but giving different distances?

I haven't changed any settings on the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

A warm welcome to the Forums @pswoap. Thanks for the screenshots. Can you please tell me how are you logging these activities? Are you logging them manually or using the exercise option on the Blaze or SmartTrack? Personally, I recommend using the smarttrack feature to register your activities since it do it manually, also, please check your stride length, that all of your information is correct.

To measure this do the following:

1. Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
  2. Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.

To adjust it using a computer: click the gear icon in the top right and go to Settings > Personal Info. The stride length fields are in the Body Info section. If you use the Fitbit mobile app, go into the app and turn off Set Automatically under the Stride Length setting.

Hope this helps, catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes