Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance is wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Loving the new Blaze!!

Couple of issues though

The distance travelled is totally out of sync with the number off steps taken. I'm currently reading 5000 steps but only showing 0.83 of a mile!! I know I've walked more than that!! My previous Fitbit (One) was pretty accurate and on average I was getting about 6 miles for 5000 steps. I've added my height and estimated my stride at about 2ft. Is there anyway of getting a correct or more accurate distance reading?

The amount of steps is a lot lower than my previous fitbit. I go for a twenty minute walk at lunchtime and the same route. My step count on my previous Fitbit averaged 2000 -2100. Last couple of days I've only averaged 1600 - 1650. Again can anything be done to give a more acurate step count?

Many thanks

Nod

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I'm going to challenge your previous distance as being correct.

5000 steps to go 6 miles...lets do the math.  

5280 feet per mile. 6 miles.  That's 31680 feet.  Divided by number of steps (to get feet per step) is 6.336.  That would mean your stride is over 6 feet...that's likely not right (unless you're SUPER tall and bounding everywhere like a gazelle Smiley Wink )

For more accurate distance make sure that your stride length is set properly in your profile.  Also, if you believe your step count is in accurate, any wrist based tracker will have a more difficult time recognizing steps if you're holding onto something (like a stroller or a cart) and not moving your arms (at least somewhat).

Best Answer

I have this same issue. I walked a mile on my lunch break exactly. My steps were 1843. 

I am currently at 5494 steps and it says .79 miles

I know this isn't correct or even close.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would not be close, does it show the same at fitbit.com?

Best Answer
0 Votes