Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise Activities Not Counting As Active Minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently upgraded from a Charge to a Blaze.  I am using the automatic exercise feature for weights and I have also customized to add "Martial Arts". The exercise features are tracked properly and show the heart-rate and calories burned. The exercise appears in the "weekly exercise" window, but I have noticed that they do not count as "Active Minutes". So I spend 80 minutes in a martial arts class, burn 200+ calories, but get zero credit for the exercise as "Active Minutes" and at the end of the day, my "Active Minute" category is still showing zero.  It seems like the time I spend exercising should also count as "Active Minutes". Is there some setting that needs to be changed to ensure this happens?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

A warm welcome to the Community @Divindk. Keep in mind that to earn active minutes, the exercise you are doing needs to be constant and intense. For more information about active minutes, I recommend taking a look at the What are active minutes? article.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I've had this problem too. It's especially frustrating because my watch will detect a long walk, log it as "exercise", but still give me zero active minutes. It seems like if I actively walked for half an hour, enough so that it was considered exercise, it should also be considered active. On the other hand, today I have a half hour of active minutes but no exercise 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

I believe the data for calculating exercises has to be flawed.  When General Physical Activities Defined by Level of Intensity from the CDC call doing pushups Vigorous activity+ Greater than 6.0 METs* (more than 7 kcal/min), but the analysis done by FITBIT claims it to be nominal non activity, something is flawed.  Understand the business model will call this a excessive cost, but when in it's current state the data is bogus, what value do i have from a "fitness tracker" that doesn't track?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a responsive answer AT ALL!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes