Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen on Thermometer Warning Screen?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI,

I have had a few instances recently of my Blaze showing the Thermometer warning screen, and being stuck on this for a couple of hours before accepting a restart.  

I haven't been in any extreme conditions (I live in the South of England, so conditions have been very mild).

I've had the Blaze for 11 months, so wondering if I should contact Amazon (where I got it from) and make an inquiry under the warranty.

Anyone esle seen this?

cheers

mike 

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

It means the battery is dead.

If it isn't taking a restart for a few hours then yes I would contact Amazon for a replacement

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Mikegf and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

If you are seeing a message like the attached image, I recommend change the tracker's environment by going to a warm place and as you have been doing so far, restart your Blaze.

too cold.png

I hope this helps, catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

HI - I think that would be useful if I was in a cold place!  But I was just at home in a normal environment...

I was doing the restart action (pressing the buttons) but it was a couple of hours before anything worked, so I am minded to think the problem is not ambient temperature but something else...

cheers

Best Answer

Thats why a restart is recommended,  since your not able to to do a proper "hard" restart, i recommend doing at least 3 of the "soft" 2 button restarts.

Best Answer

Sure...have done 3 soft resets (pressing the buttons) this morning, lets see if the problem returns....

cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has continued to happen all through the weekend...its usually a couple of hours before I can get it to reboot...I think its time to send it back as my warranty expires at the end of March....

thanks everyone

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mikegf, I would definitely contact Amazon ASAP and get a replacement.  It is normal for what you are experiencing to happen if you take your Fitbit into the sauna or wear it sunbathing in summer (the hot thermometer) and I guess it would be similar if you tossed it into a snow drift (cold thermometer -- though I haven't seen that one).  But it should not happen wearing it normally.  

As this has now happened to you several times despite several resets that indicates that your Blaze has developed a fault.

BTW you get a 2 year warranty in the EEA.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @Mikegf@Rich_Laue and @Julia_G thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you followed our friend's recommendations and contacted support? Have you received a solution for this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Twice now I have gotten the cold thermometer symbol while I was at home charging it. It charged and worked fine for a while and then gave me that symbol and wouldn't let me restart. It didn't last as long this second time. It just started working again but it makes me wonder why it's doing it. And then it doesn't finish charging. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my Blaze has been Frozen for 2 months. The triangle and thermometer will not go away. Called customer support tried to do a re-start but still frozen. I've been waiting for the battery to die then i will try and charge it and hopefully it will work. Customer support said they are aware of the problem happening and are working on future solutions. That was code for you are sh*t out of luck. out of warranty so they will not stand behind their product even though its a software problem. If i cannot get to work I will purchase from a different company. Fitbit will not get any more of my money. 

Best Answer

Great to see you around @mcozby17 and @SalTaormina welcome to the Community!

If you are seeing the thermometer icon on your tracker's display, I recommend being in a warm environment and restart your trackers. Also, you can take a look at our warranty policy.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

This just happened to me for the first time today. I usually take it off at night but was so tired I guess I forgot last night. When I got up it was "frozen" clearly it couldn't be from cold temperature. I wonder if it got to hot as is mentioned in one of the above posts but it it gets too hot under the covers to wear at night what does that mean for the sleep taking feature? I've never tried to use sleep tracking as that because it bugs me to have it on at night but if it will freeze up and take multiple tries to restart and loose a couple of hours of step data in the meantime it is certainly not worth it and kind of a pointless feature besides. Would being under the covers make it too hot typically or was this a fluke?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I imagine it was a fluke. I wear mine to bed pretty much every night and
have it under the covers and that has never happened then.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @mirwoman and @mcozby17 thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this issue by yourself. Since the troubleshoot you tried didn't work, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am afraid it is a bug or a programmed obsolescence.

I was in my bedroom and just got the frozen icon. Was not in a cold place...

I hope to find a fix or I will never ever buy a fitbit product who is working for one year and 3 months only.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has frozen with this symbol on the screen for 4 times now in the last 24 hours and it has been in different temperatures every time none of which should or been “to cold” for it to freeze. And I have tried restarting it several time and it won’t do anything and every time it freezes the longer it takes to turn back on. WHY IS IT DOING THIS?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn't 3 months old and getting this. I'm in Atlanta,  it's not the weather.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing the same thing for about 2 mths & my Verizon store does not have any answers..

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit blaze seems broken. For the last 3 days it hasn’t been taking a charge despite cleaning connectors and doing hard restarts a few times. After one hard restart I got the battery to fully charge, but it was dead in two hours. Now when I try to charge it I have the hot thermometer and can’t hard restart anymore. Help!

Best Answer