Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended notifications not saving properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I began noticing this problem about a week ago...

While I love that with the recent updates, I can finally choose multiple apps to receive notifications from on my Blaze, I've run into a snag.

Because I was getting more group messages in Skype, which I didn't care to be notified of on the Blaze, I decided to uncheck it in the app notifications settings in the Fitbit app. It was fine for a day or so.

Usually a day or two later, I start seeing notifications from Skype on my Blaze again. I then go into the app notifications setting in the Fitbit app, and sure enough, Skype was somehow checked again.

I've had to uncheck Skype at least four times already. It just keeps coming back. Somehow this change is not getting saved properly.

Today I also encountered a separate issue, which I guess might have been caused by me rebooting the Blaze last night--no notifications came through to my Blaze. I went into the notifications settings, and it said I needed to enable notifications for Fitbit, and then took me to Android's "notification access" settings, where "Fitbit Notification Services" was already enabled... I had to uncheck and re-check it for notifications to come back...

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

It's great to see you around @wGlenn. Thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourself. I recommend restarting your Blaze. After the restart process, uncheck the Skype option and sync your tracker. Also, can you tell me which phone are you using?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

From what I can tell, it seems to happen most often when I reboot my phone. However, when it happened yesterday, I did not reboot my phone, and had checked the settings the day before. But I did restart my Blaze.

So this morning, I did the following:

• Restarted Blaze. Everything still looked fine.
  • Rebooted phone and Blaze at the same time. All extended notification apps showed up as unchecked. So I re-checked all the apps I wanted, and not Skype. But later decided to also check Vine, which I did not do initially. Resynced.
  • Restarted Blaze and resynced. Everything still looked OK.
  • Rebooted phone. Resynced. Skype was still unchecked, but Vine was no longer checked. Others I had checked this morning were still checked.

The phone I'm using is an HTC 10.

Thanks

Best Answer

@wGlenn I'm also experiencing the reappearing apps that I've unchecked.  Mine also reappear after rebooting my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge). 

I've made @AndrewFitbit aware of the issue in a post above "Extended Notifications for Blaze".

Hopefully they can figure this out.  I wish there was a SAVE button after making the changes.

Best Answer

@TracyV125 So based on my testing so far, it seems that if I restart both my phone and the Blaze at the same time, all the apps in the extended notifications become unchecked, and the list of apps I check the first time after that becomes what keeps getting checked for each phone reboot...

I had previously seen all my apps get unchecked before, but didn't know the exactly cause, but did also restart both phone and Blaze at the same time, as part of an attempt to get the Blaze firmware to update properly.

Maybe that might work as a temporary workaround until the bug is completely fixed? See if you can replicate my results on your end?

Best Answer

@wGlenn thank you for your response.

This morning after I rebooted my phone I checked my Fitbit app and thankfully only the 2 I want checked were checked!  The 2 unwanted were finally unchecked!

I'm not sure exactly how I solved my problem but yesterday I spent a great deal of time trying to troubleshoot.  I never uninstalled the app (I was afraid to lose all the settings that I had and wanted to keep).  I did uncheck, sync app and Blaze, log out and in, restart phone....multiple times.

Something finally worked!  Wish I knew what though so I could help someone else. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @wGlenn and @TracyV125. I know a lot of people will take your suggestions into consideration while our team get this problem fix soon. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Blaze and Motorola Droid Maxx.  I've checked and unchecked options, rebooted Blaze and phone, and still have the problem.  Hope to see a fix soon! 

Best Answer

I'm also still having this issue! I emailed support about it a couple months ago and they couldn't help me, it just ran around in circles for a couple weeks. I stopped really using my blaze for a while but when I started using it again recently I've had the exact same problem.

Is there a resolution on this? I've tried every iteration of restarting and saving but it just doesn't stick for more than a day! I still have the same phone but I've done multiple factory resets in the last couple months and the issue still persists which has me thinking there's bad data being synced somewhere. 

Google Pixel with Android 8, Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer

I'm having this problem with Facebook and Slack.  I've tried every possible combination of rebooting/restarting/uninstalling/checking/unchecking I can imagine.  When I got my new phone (Google Pixel XL), and setup my Blaze with it, I initially checked Facebook.  Later, I decided to uncheck Facebook and check Slack.  It worked for a day, and then reverted.  Since then, it's been a battle.  And, it happens randomly, even if I don't reboot or restart anything.  Middle of the day today, suddenly I'm getting Facebook notifications, and not getting important Slack notifications.  

Has anyone actually solved this, or has it simply stopped happening for those of you for whom it's now working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far, the only thing that I'm getting more consistent results for getting it to work is to go to Android settings -> apps -> FitBit -> Storage, and tap the "Clear Data" button.

After that, open the FitBit app and re-configure everything. That seems to keep the apps notification settings for me. YMMV.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Thanks for that.  I tried it right away, and I've had no trouble since then.  Of course, I'm worried that if I need to make a change, I'll have to do it again, but I'll burn that bridge while I'm on it.  Thanks, again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a note that my app is still doing this. The bug is plain - the first notification setting saves, and all notification settings after that get wiped after phone reboot. I am surprised that almost a year later fitbit hasn't tracked this down and fixed it.

Best Answer

New user here, just got an Ionic. After having encountered this issue myself it's very disappointing to see it's been ongoing for over a year without a fix! Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is definitely a problem with the app itself as I've had this problem since extended notifications were enabled on the Blaze, now I have the exact same issues with my Ionic. Surely they can just add a "save" button under the selection. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit Has there been any progress on this?  Your new smartwatch looks interesting, but I'm not going to get another device that doesn't keep its settings.  

Best Answer
Mine seems to be saving them a bit better now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine!

I would like to know if you have take a look at our friend @wGlenn's post? If you haven't, I recommend seeing his recommendations and follow them. It seems that for some of you it has worked.

Let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

Best Answer

wGlenn's post didn't work for me the first 5 or so times I tried it. I don't know what changed, but for now the settings have stuck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I've tried @wGlenn's recommendations & no luck. Is this a bug that can be resolved? I've been attempting to uncheck my email alerts.

Any additional suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks,

Christine

Best Answer
0 Votes