Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset Fitbit Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to return my Fitbit Blaze to the Dealer becuase i prefert the Charge HR more.

But if I do so, i have to reset my Fitbit Blaze and didnt find any possibility to do this.

Could you please tell me just to reset the Blaze?

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Which privacy information is stored on the traker? How do yo plan on getting it off, this is sent encrypted.

BTW no personal info is ever sent to the tracker. Yes it does have step data, but this can only be accessed once synced to the users Fitbit account. Then accessed by the user. Once the tracker has been removed, the data can still be sent to Fitbit but with no registered account the data is of no good to any user.

Best Answer

Is there a factory reset option yet? I bought my tracker used from someone that I’m not in touch with anymore. When I created my account, it gave me badges I haven’t earned. I am assuming these were badges the previous owner earned. Is there any way to reset the tracker to clear these badges?

Brittany
Best Answer

It's great to have you here @bcloyd2! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. When you set up a Fitbit tracker to an account, there shouldn't be any information from the previous owner, because all the data is stored in the Dashboard and not directly in the tracker. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, keep an eye in your inbox. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks @SilviaFitbit. That’s what I assumed but I have badges dated October and I just got this yesterday! 😉 Thanks for sharing! 

Brittany
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @bcloyd2.

I would like to know if you keep having issues with your badges? Did our support team get in touch with you, is this issue resolved?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi,,,,can you help me. I have an iPhone 7. I want to connect my blaze but an error message just pops up all the time. Error 500,,,,what shall i do??

Best Answer
0 Votes

After you remove the device from your account and have Bluetooth forget the device you still need to clear the notifications from the actual FitBit.  You need to act like you're going to review your notifications and scroll to the very end.  At the end there should be an option to "Clear All Notifications".   That will clear all history. 

Best Answer
The watch is not even connected to my account,,,is it the owner before me that has to erase from his account???
The watch says all caught up! No notifications,,,,

Skickat från min iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No @simbalimba15, simply set it up to your account. all of their settings will be replaced with your settings. 

You can remove any of their notifications following @CSTEW_25's advice. 

One caveat is if they did not turn the Blaze off or did a final sync you might find a few steps in your account from before setting up the Blaze

Best Answer

I am encountering the same issue as bcloyd2. I got a second-hand fit bit, and as soon as I connect it I receive the "Boat Shoe" badge. My web account lists that I've walked 28k steps even though I opened the account minutes ago. How to I clear the badges and remove all of the data from the previous user that is now tied to my account?

Though I'm brand new to the community, it seems that Fit Bit isn't listening to their consumers. This thread dates back over 2 years and there is still no process or option to factory reset the device. The badge issue was brought up 9 months ago, yet there seems to be no response or solution posted to the public. What actions are you taking to solve these issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what happened @TheRealKrebs, when it comes to r moval of badges you will need to contact fitbit or create a new account and start over. 

Best Answer

I know, right?  This is the most ridiculous thing. I am trying to transfer an account to my sister and it's pretty much impossible to do so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vrred27 are you trying to transfer your account to your sister, or are do you want to give your Blaze to your sister?

To transfer your acciunt, she will be inheriting all of your history. If this is what you want to do then go to your profile page on the web and change the associated email address to your sister. Your sister will then have a Fitbit account with your history and the Blaze will still be connected.

Now if you want to give your Blaze to your suster, you want to do one last sync and then hand the Blaze over to her. She will need to create a Fitbit account and then do an add device to connect the Blaze to her account. 

Best Answer

@vrred27, @Rich_Laue is correct in the process. The known issue is that she will still inherit your step counts, etc. when she first connects her account to the blaze, thereby earning badges even though she has a new account. It would make most sense for Fit Bit to create an update with a way to factory reset the device. It's not like factory resets are a hardware issue. Does anyone know if this issue is unique to the blaze and earlier models? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheRealKrebs that is why I stated that one last sync needs to be done before handing the tracker over to the sister. This sunc will clear the data from the Fitbit.

As for awards and badges, these are in the users account not the tracker. Doing this will not transfer any history. A failure to sync will only transfer any data recorded since the last sync.

@vrred27 stated that they where trying to transfer the account to a different user,  not just giving the tracker to the sister. I gave instructions for both ways. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue I understand what you are saying, but you are incorrect in one part. Even after, "one last sync," the data does not appear to be cleared from the tracker. This is evidenced by the fact that my account thinks that I had walked 28k steps the first minute of having my account paired with the tracker. The seller confirmed to me that they did, "one last sync," but the data remains. Because the tracker retained this data, it awarded me badges which I did not actually earn. 

This is a problem that has been identified, but does not appear to have been solved or properly addressed by Fit-Bit. It is an industry norm for electronic devices to be able to reset or clear the data manually. As someone said earlier, in the 90's even a Tamagotchi had the ability to be manually reset. It seems like a huge oversight, or poor decision, that Fit-Bit would not include this on their trackers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the different issues you are experiencing. I would like you to be more specific about the problems you are having with your trackers, if you can provide some screenshots about them would be great.

Here are some help articles for you to take a look at in the meantime:

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

NOT true. I just received a used (NOT refurbished) Blaze. I haven't had one for nearly 8 months, but suddenly I was a gazelle during the months of February through July--and I can't even run!

Best Answer
0 Votes