Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update Error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I received the firmware update notification in my Fitbit app today. I'm trying to install it, but I get the "!" error message just as it's trying to start the update. I've tried it at least 20 times in the past 30 minutes. I have restarted the Blaze several times, restarted my phone twice (I run Android 6), turned bluetooth on and off, unpaired and re-paired the Blaze to my Fitbit app, and still the update fails.

I'm at a complete loss here. Any thoughts on why this is happening? I haven't had any other issues with the tracker until now.

Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Success! I cycled Bluetooth a couple of times with no success. I then unpaired both Blaze and Blaze (Classic) Bluetooth profiles from my phone settings (not in the app itself). Voila! It worked on the first try after that.

Thanks to all for your responses. This is a good community--glad I joined the Fitbit crowd!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Facing the exact same issues. I've even removed and re-added the device from my app but it still doesn't work.

Best Answer

Seems to be pretty "normal" for the past two firmware updates... the last one took over 8 hours for me to finally get it installed properly, with a lot of failed attempts.

I'm also still in the middle of updating to the latest firmware right now. Good news is that the progress bar seems to move a bit further along after each failed attempt, so it might actually work soon.

Good luck to you both!

Best Answer
LOL. Yes, the bar does move a bit more with each failed update. Let's hope it works.
Best Answer

@wGlenn @SkyChief07 @step413

It took me 30 minutes to get this. I haven't had any issues wth my Blaze getting firmware updates since I bought it. That's from when I told my phone to download it, to finished installation on the Blaze. 

I also kept my phone right next to the Blaze, I'm not sure if this matters, but better to be safe than sorry. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, it worked right after my last reply. So it's all good now. 👍
Best Answer
0 Votes

Give it a bit of time. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I used a stopwatch app to keep track of the update time it took me 5 minutes 20 seconds. I was browsing these forums and listening to streaming music. All over the cellular data network. 

Best Answer
Thanks everyone. Just woke up, tried it again, same failure. The progress bar only shows on the screen for one second, then goes right to the pink "!" screen. I don't seem to be experiencing the progress getting better and better with each attempt.

I'll give it time and several more attempts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SkyChief07 have you contact.fitbit.com yet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was my next move, but the update just worked a second ago!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Success! I cycled Bluetooth a couple of times with no success. I then unpaired both Blaze and Blaze (Classic) Bluetooth profiles from my phone settings (not in the app itself). Voila! It worked on the first try after that.

Thanks to all for your responses. This is a good community--glad I joined the Fitbit crowd!
Best Answer

Thanks. Deleting the bluetooth profiles and restarting the update worked for me as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wait, what did you do to finally update your tracker? i'm having the exact same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Allow me to help you @chula524! If you're having issues with updating your Blaze's firmware. Please log out of the app, reboot your phone. Restart your Fitbit Blaze and try updating it again. 

1. Verify that the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your device. 
  2. With your charged tracker nearby, open the Fitbit app.
  3. Tap the pink arrow next to the tracker name at the top of the screen. If you don't see an arrow, no update is available.
  4. Follow the prompts onscreen and keep the tracker close to the mobile device during the update. If the update is slow, don't remove your tracker from your account as a troubleshooting measure.
  5. If the update process won't start or if it starts and then stops, see Why can't I update my tracker?

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

still in 2017 same error with no work around working. contact customer service. Ir's a holiday weekend so let's see how long this takes..

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @doesntwork202! Have you tried the troubleshooting posted above Why can't I update my tracker?.

Customer service is still working Monday to Sunday from 4am-9pmPT for calls and chats and email support is available during the whole day. If you sent them an email, the estimated reply is 2 days.

Note: You should receive a notice that your email was received. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I just wanted to post my experience with this since I came to the forum looking for solutions but none of them worked for me ...

I turned off my All Day Sync option and the update started a bit more quickly (that is the bar started to actually move and the fitbit flex was pulsing white dots to blue dots). the update got further this time but it still did eventually crash out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and put it in the drawer.

Tom J. iPad
Best Answer

@Username223 what type of problem are you having? 

Best Answer
0 Votes