Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Blaze Heart Rate Monitor not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My heart Rate monitor simply stopped working, I cleaned it and changed it to the other arm, still no results...

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

Thanks - the reboot solved my issue!

Best Answer

Spot on - cheers! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The green lights stopped functioning 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Madpurse1963 wrote:

Apparently, the motor that controls the heart rate monitor was not working.  I have received my replacement Blaze, and I am up and running once again.

Thank you!

My Blaze is acting very much like yours did. But this is already a replacement for one purchased in October and it is less than three months old. Am I having terrible luck or is this typical of FitBit products?

Best Answer

Hi there everyone! Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

@Kagee @Moscowmule67, I'm glad to hear that it's all now working for you guys!

@pineapples0305@Lisaissasa, I'm very sorry to hear that your trackers didn't work even after following the suggestions. Are you guys still having problems with your trackers?

@Berman, I'm sorry you're also going through this 😕 What is exactly going on? Are you able to see the lights flashing but there is no heart rate information on your dashboard at all or it will work intermittently?

I'll be looking forward for your reply to help you guys out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thank you for posting this! I thought mine was broken as well, and I never noticed the heart rate setting on the device app.  I should have looked up my question a month ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I held all 3 buttons down at the same time for 10-12 seconds. Then the screen rebooted and now everything works. The other methods that were mentioned didn't work though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kamc, great to see you in the Forums and I'm happy to hear that it's now all working for you! 😄

@MongoSmash huh... the regular method for restarting a tracker is to hold the single left and lower right  buttons together but if pressing all three buttons at the same time worked, that's great haha

Anything else you may need, I'm here to help!

Best Answer

This was useful and fixed the problem. The heart rate monitor and sleep monitor seemed to quit working after a recent update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear that it worked for you @Bcrut! 😄

If you need any help in the future, let me know, I'm always around!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problems. Both green lights flashing. When Heart Rate set to auto, I just see -- when heart rate is set to on, I only see 70, no variation in heart rate. I've rebooted and this is exactly the same.

Thanks

Best Answer
Have you tried to reset your Blaze? Once I reset mine it started to work. I had it on Auto. You can reset the watch by pressing the button on the left and the lower button on the right at the same time for 10 seconds. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I've reset multiple times now with no luck.
Best Answer

I had the same issue and my hr monitor was in the on position, I tried the reset as you suggested and it worked a treat, thanks for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Richard_S, great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

Are you still having problems with your tracker? If so, let me know and I'll be happy to take a look for you!

@jimmaggi, I'm glad to hear that the restart helped! Welcome to the Community Forums!

Best Answer

I had the same issue.  I checked my setting and found that there is an Auto setting as well.  I changed the setting to "on" and it works again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked for me thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys @JerryHackney @kwebb71, great to see you in the Community Forums! 😄

I'm really glad to hear that you're now back on track and anything else you may need in the future, let me know. I'll be happy to help!

Best Answer

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem but neither of the fixes discussed here have worked.

I have no reading on my heartrate but the green lights on the back are working. I've tried turning the heartrate monitor off and on in both the app and the settings and have restarted the blaze several times. 

Looking back in my history in the app I notice that the heartrate trace started having gaps in it a few weeks back and that the gaps increased over time until I was only seeing short bursts that had readings and finally no readings at all. I've also noticed that my sleep monitor has been blank over a similar period, which I assume is related?  

I really want to get this working again as I love the device and use the heartrate and sleep functions. Any ideas on anything else I can try to get it working again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ferdinand,

My heart rate monitor has stopped working over the last couple of weeks. The green lights do not flash at all.

I've tried the 2-button reset, switching the HR monitor off via the Blaze, and also via the app, before switching it back on again, but still no luck.

Any other suggestions?

Nikki

Best Answer
0 Votes