Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Blaze crashes during run using GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently, on a number of occasions, my Fitbit Blaze crashes during my run. I find that the green lights that track your heart rate are still going, but the screen is blank. Holding down the left and lower right button to restart it brings it back to life, but then a big chunk of my run hasn't been GPS tracked and therefore my stats aren't logged. It seems to be crashing less than 0.5 miles in, I get no warning. When I finish my run and go to pause it using the right lower button I find the screen is blank.

I have a Fitbit Blaze and recently upgraded my iPhone 5S to iPhone 6. Since having the iPhone 6, I have also noticed that it takes a few attempts to connect to the GPS at the beginning of the run. A combination of retrying and restarting the app seems to eventually do the trick. I never experienced this with my iPhone 5, it would connect on the first attempt.

Its worth noting that I don't seem to be experiencing any other app to fitbit conductivity issues. All other notifications are coming through on my Blaze.

I have iOS 11.1.2 installed, and fitbit app is updated regularly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @angelasofia2485. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

This is a very weird situation. Have you noticed if this happens also when you're not tracking GPS activities all of a sudden or is it exclusively when you are tracking them?

Something I can think could help is setting up your tracker as a new device to make sure all the settings will be properly adjusted. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem and hopefully this will prevent your GPS tracking from getting interrupted.

Let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes