Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been reading a few posts from other frustrated customers who have had their FitBit beyond the warranty and it no longer charges.  I have had more device for about 2 years.  I have cleaned the prongs as customer support suggests. However, from the responses I see on the forum, Customer Support is blowing smoking.  If I'm investing this much money in a tracker, I agree with others on this forum that it should last longer than 2 years.  Unfortunately, it appears that Customer Support hides behind the warranty which means -- they will do nothing and I have to purchase another tracker.  If that's the case, it won't be a FitBit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Suerunner - I totally understand where you are coming from. Technology has turned into a huge investment for most of us. Several years ago my mobile phone died at a “young age.” I was devastated that it was not covered under warranty. I had no choice but to purchase a new one. “That phone is my life!” I moaned to the poor salesperson. His response was, “Then why didn’t you protect it with an extended warranty? You would’t drive a car without insurance, would you?” While his comparison was exaggerated, the message got to me. For technology items (and not just Fitbits. Think phones, tablets, etc.), I either buy extended warranties or I pay for them with my AmExp card which automatically doubles most warranties. It costs me a bit more but I know my item is protected for what I figure will be the reasonable life of my item. Lucky for me, my hubby dropped his iPad in the lake after I had extended the warranty on it. That extended warranty allowed for one accident. I cannot answer your question as to why the contact points cannot be protected. But I know that if it happens to me, my device is protected. 

Sorry for the rant. But I’ve learned the hard way that the topic is important. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Suerunner - I feel your frustration and will be sorry to see you go but please be sure to do your research first. It is my understanding that the other devices are also covered by one year warranties. That’s standard in the US. 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response, Carol.  I totally understand that there is a warranty period for products; and that wasn't the point.   Investing in a fitness device is an investment that I expect to last more than 2 years.  While technology is always changing and many people like upgrading to the newest and greatest; financially, that is not in my budget and I'm satisfied with the data and features on the device.   From the posts I read, if the contact points are missing, there is no way to repair them.  Why isn't there a way to be able to repair them?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Suerunner - I totally understand where you are coming from. Technology has turned into a huge investment for most of us. Several years ago my mobile phone died at a “young age.” I was devastated that it was not covered under warranty. I had no choice but to purchase a new one. “That phone is my life!” I moaned to the poor salesperson. His response was, “Then why didn’t you protect it with an extended warranty? You would’t drive a car without insurance, would you?” While his comparison was exaggerated, the message got to me. For technology items (and not just Fitbits. Think phones, tablets, etc.), I either buy extended warranties or I pay for them with my AmExp card which automatically doubles most warranties. It costs me a bit more but I know my item is protected for what I figure will be the reasonable life of my item. Lucky for me, my hubby dropped his iPad in the lake after I had extended the warranty on it. That extended warranty allowed for one accident. I cannot answer your question as to why the contact points cannot be protected. But I know that if it happens to me, my device is protected. 

Sorry for the rant. But I’ve learned the hard way that the topic is important. 

Best Answer