Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit useless after yesterday's update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my FitBit Blaze as a gift less than a year ago, an upgrade from the FitBit Charge HR I'd used previously.  Loved it until the update that came out earlier this summer, after which the unit no longer stayed synced to my phone. After much frustration, research in the Forums, and countless tries - I finally determined that every few days I just had to reset the unit in order for it to sync to my phone again.

And then, yesterday's update came through and I updated my unit.  It was on the charger both before and while the update was processing, and appeared to have a full charge.  A few hours later I checked my wrist, and the unit was dead.  Nothing.  Tried to restart it - nothing.  Put it back on the charger - eventually the FitBit icon shows on the screen, but the time is off by about an hour and 40 minutes, and the battery level never moves from red - no matter how long it's left in the charger.  It is not charging and is now completely useless.  I am not happy 😞  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for escalating to the Support Team, but I have not heard anything from anyone about my problem with the unusable FitBit. . . 

UPDATE: 11/16/17:  after the Support Team contacted me and learned that none of the troubleshooting tips worked, I was happily surprised to learn that they gave me the option to get a replacement unit.  I just finished setting it up and I am happy to be in working order again.  Thank you so much!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @ohioblazer. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Blaze not responding as it should 😕

I've gone ahead and escalated your case to the Support Team for them to take a closer look and see what could be causing this. They'll be happy to see the available options to get you back on track!

Just make sure to keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions and anything else you may need, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thanks for escalating to the Support Team, but I have not heard anything from anyone about my problem with the unusable FitBit. . . 

UPDATE: 11/16/17:  after the Support Team contacted me and learned that none of the troubleshooting tips worked, I was happily surprised to learn that they gave me the option to get a replacement unit.  I just finished setting it up and I am happy to be in working order again.  Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes