Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze: How to sync with the computer

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey,

I just tried to sync my new Fitbit Blaze to my Macbook pro computer. I pluged in the charging cable. And opend the Fitbit app on my computer. But it says that it wont find the wireless sync dongle.

So how do i connect it to my computer?

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

I got this blaze for Christmas and haven't been able to get it to work after 2 days of trying!  Tech support was no help.  Balze won't communicate through charging cable even though I am using Windows 10!  This thing is a piece of crap!  I'm taking it back and getting a Garmin instead of this frustrating device.  It sounds good but doesn't work.  It won't work with my Samsung Galaxy 4 either!  It evidently needs a new phone to make it work!  What a crock!  Tech support is in a foreign country and their solution is for me to call Microsoft for help!  There is no manual provided on how to operate the three buttons on the sides of the blaze.  Very poor product support.

Best Answer

Hi Rich,

You write that "this is 2016 and the computers are being replaced by tablets and phones". The problem I, and others, have with that logic is that Fitbit should not then have sold us devices that do not pair properly with our computers. In my case, I have an iMac. The Fitbit Blaze I just purchased yesterday comes with a USB cable connection (ONLY), not a dongle. So then the obvious questions is: where are MY instructions? How do I connect?

In other words, it feels suspiciously like bait and switch. First we are sold on the idea that we CAN pair these with our computers (yes, I asked at the store as I choose to pair this with my computer). Then I get home and discover this device is NOT plug and play, in an era of plug and play.... so as I struggle to pair up my device I read on this help forum that the problem is really, essentially me? No offense Rich, I know you are only trying to be helpful, but that explanation rings hollow to me. And speaking for myself, for the money I paid for this, Fitbit could have afforded to put a small how-to set-up guide in paper form in the box. 

I did follow the instructions at fitbit.com/setup by the way; the issue there is that I essentially ONLY created a profile. That's fine, but it doesn't help me to use the Fitbit Blaze. Once the profile is set up, that appears to be it! No where else to go and no way to make the FitBit Blaze screen display anything other than Fitbit.com/setup

Best Answer

Really helpful -- as you reminded me to sinc on my phone.  Thank you!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jazzyrhea have you downloaded your user manual yet,? Link to Help we'll be found below, then click on the picture of your tracker.  If your imac is relatively new it should sync through the built in Bluetooth. 

Once the profile has been created and Fitbit connect is installed on the imac. Go to the address shown on the Blaze to download the proper software for your computer. The page detects to OS and links the user to the proper software.

After installing you will want to do an add device and log into your account. 

If a Fitbit dongle is needed I would contact Fitbit through the link found in the top right slide out menu. Click where your photo would be. 

Best Answer