Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze Not Tracking In Some Buildings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but has anyone else experienced their Fitbit Blaze not tracking footsteps in certain buildings?

I was recently in one of those "super" department type stores for about an hour walking back and forth pushing a toddler in a stroller, while I searched for everything on my list. Not one step counted! My Fitbit didn't start tracking my footsteps until I walked out the door.

The second instance occurred when I went to a mall to try to get in my footsteps. Same thing happened. The entire time I was in the mall, I couldn't get it to record any footsteps no matter what I did. I restarted it several times. Nothing. Once I walked out the door, Bingo! It began to track my footsteps.

The odd thing is, I used that  mall in the past to get several thousand footsteps recorded.

Has anyone else experienced this inside a building?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Please do a search of these forums for stoller, cart, or pusher, thrtproblem is not the building but holding on to the stroller. Doing this will keep the arm from moving I a natural way and possibly prohibit steps from being counted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply, but, I run/walk pushing a stroller daily with no problem counting the steps as long as I am outside. And the issue only occurred in those two buildings.

(It's just because the weather has been so cold, and I couldn't subject the baby to the wind chill that I was trying to get the steps in the mall. Note: I was able to do this on two prior occasions in the same mall.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Without knowing what type of ground that you run walk outside on i really can't say. I can say that there are plenty of posts about how steps are missed when pushing a cart .stroller. or pusher. We even have one thread on the things people do to get around this limitation. 

When you outside with the stroller. have you tested it by counting your steps and comparing to what the tracker counted? 

Best Answer
0 Votes