Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze Syncing issue tip

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi people, 

I thought of this solution yesterday. Re-install your Fitbit app and then update you android system fully to the latest. It will involve deleting some apps. I suggest removing word, excell and other apps that takes much memory. Go to System info, update android software. Mine changed from 5.0.1 to 6.0.1.  You will now see that fitbit app will ask you to turn on GPS and Bluetooth together for syncing to occur.  Now it should work.  It worked for 2 days without issue already. You won't lose data when you reinstall your fitbit app, so don't worry.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @Yuviraj. Great to see you in the Community Forums and thank you for taking the time to share your suggestion with us!

I'm pretty sure many users will find this helpful. The first recommendation is to restart the tracker by by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds and then to see if this makes the tracker to sync. Setting up the tracker as a new device will be the next step to try. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

If all else fails, I think it's safe to follow your suggestion of uninstalling the app, updating the OS to the latest version (this should always be checked) and then installing the app back and see if that works.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share this with us!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Surely no one thinks this is acceptable? Fitbit have undone themselves with their poor ability to deal with this as an issue. You should have to only pair your phone and tracker once and then it should work. All this unpairing,uninstalling,force shutting down, reinstalling, re-pairing that needs to be done almost daily is beyond a joke. No one at fitbit support offers anything either useful or timely as a resolution. 

I for one, Will never by another fitbit again. If I want to use my GPRS link with my phone for a run or hike I have to go through all the above stages prior to leaving on my exercise or the connection either doesn't maintain or breaks down part way through. 

Very cross 

Best Answer

@celiawheelia a Fitbit tracker is never paired to a phone by the user. Removing the tracker from the Fitbit account/app usually will not fix a sync problem, it could and often does cause more problems. 

Next time restart the phone and/or the tracker. If it doesn't work let's remove the tracker from the phone, not the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife purchased a Fitbit Blaze for my birthday (1/28) and I've spent the last two days trying (without luck) to get it to sync with anything.  I have tried tablets, phones, Windows 10 app and *nothing* will convince it to get the right time.  I have scoured these forums and tried everything suggested.  Resetting the tracker, reinstalling the app, upgrading Android OS, removing and re-attaching the tracker.  Nothing _Nothing_ works.

This is my first experience with Fitbit and I must say it's been a horrible one.  Looking online it's clear that I'm not the only person with this problem.  It seems endemic with this particular device.  If the only way to get this device to work is some bizarre, random, arcane set of delete, reboot, restart, reinstall series of steps then it's clearly not worth the trouble.  At this point, this device is an expensive bracelet that can't even tell time correctly.  Very very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not correct. If you select run or hike in exercise mode, the tracker activates a connection with the phone for GPRS to get accurate mapping of run or hike. 

Fitbit have admitted to me via private message on Twitter that they know this is an issue but they are unable to resolve it currently. 

If I jump through the hoops I mentioned, which I think is ridiculous to have to do, then i get generally 24 hours of good syncing and connectivity. Otherwise my syncing fails, my tracker/phone GPRS connection fails and I lose any accurate data from my run or hike. 

This was one of the main reasons I chose a Blaze, as I wanted the GPRS mode. 

Best Answer

Totally agree with you. I got a Blaze as a present a week ago, and I am already denied a replacement despite sending videos showing the fault in the device. Chat support are pretty pointless to go to.

Regretting getting this present now. I guess Fitbit is losing it now. It was my first and now last Fitbit too.

Best Answer
This evening when putting the fitbit blaze in the charger, the Windows 10
fitbit app is telling me to reply to an e-mail to 'finish creating your
Fitbit account'. The e-mail didn't arrive, I had the app resend the
e-mail, still nothing. Clearly I have an account already set up. Who is
doing quality control for Fitbit?

After all the trouble the last couple days, now it appears that the windows
app had lost or deleted my fitbit account. Seriously . . .
Best Answer
0 Votes