Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze and Apple Watch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First, I'm a geek.  I've been wearing a Fitbit Flex and an Apple Watch for over a year.  My Flex needs to be replaced.  It's dying and beyond warranty.  While my Apple Watch does a great job of tracking my steps and activity, it doesn't have a community or leaderboard.  When looking at what Fitbit to buy, I'm actually looking at the Blaze.  

Does anyone wear a Blaze and a watch?  One on each wrist, of course.  Have you ever seen anyone doing it?  Is that too far into the nerd territory?

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

The Blaze has a clock, don't wear a normal watch anymore since using Fitbit. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't wear both, thought about it as I have a Blaze and play with it. Instead of wearing both AW and Blaze, since sending back Fitbit Force (recall) I've been using my iPhone 5s as step tracker via Fitbit's MobileTrack feature. Works great as I almost always have phone in pocket. The Blaze is nice, but AW has improved my productiviy throughout the day in so many ways (full notifications, reply to texts, timer/stopwatch, maps, weight lifting routine prompting/tracking, weather, walking mileage tracker, calorie burned tracker, Shazam, pay at checkstand, etc). I even get Fitbit messages (e.g. 2000 steps to hit your goal) and challenge updates on my wrist.

With phone in pocket MobileTrack allows me to participate in Challenges with friends. Good times! Not everybody has phone in pocket, in that case I would consider geeking out and wear AW and Blaze!

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would agree if it was just a watch, but this is the Apple Watch.  Yes, I'm a fanboy.  I got my Blaze.  It's on my right wrist and the Apple Watch is on the left.

Best Answer

I so agree with you on the Apple Watch.  It improved my productivity as well.  Prior to the Apple Watch, I had worn a Pebble for a year.  Not even in the same league.  I did not know that MobileTrack would have allowed me to continue to participate in challenges.  Oh well, I have an AW on the left and a Blaze on the right.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Geek out and enjoy!! Great conversation starter.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Personally like the Blaze, and it fits my needs nicely.

Since I've never been a fan of Microsoft or Apple I have no desire for an AW.

Best Answer

Not a fan of Apple?

Home-Alone.jpg

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
I agree you. I prefer android over Apple any Day! That being said, I love technology and I say have fun and do whatever you want! If you enjoy both, wear em 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, I wear both Apple Watch and blaze. But then I am a true geek!
=======================================

Progressed through Fitbit One, Flex, Charge, Alta, Alta HR, Charge 2, Blaze, Flex 2 and now Ionic.

Best Answer
No Apple Watch here. I recently purchased a Blaze and so far am very impressed with it. I'm currently trying to figure out the bike feature. I've read all sorts of conflicting info on whether steps are/aren't recorded when using the Bike (GPS) feature.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear a Polar M400 with a Charge on my ankle and that really suited me, but it is not always convenient to put on a chest strap so I got a Blaze within the last couple of weeks.  So far I'm wearing the Blaze and just changing ot to the M400 for workouts.  I miss wearing my M400 al the time, but Blaze is a lot less bulky for a woman.

Best Answer

I have a blaze and have had since they came out. The only reason that I chose Blaze over the AW is you have to charge the AW daily and I dont have time for that. I would think that if you want a fitbit and an AW then why not use the new flext 2 since it is thin and the AW.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @1DinaB and thanks for your point of view of these two brands. If you have any question or if you are experiencing inconvenience, do not hesitate in posting it.

Keep the stepping up. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

What apps are you using on AW to show all that you mentioned?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Blaze and ride MTB a lot!  It records the steps and floors as I'm riding billy trails. The step count is not going to be as precise when riding, but this is how these trackers work. They will count steps as you are let's say washing dishes and your arm is moving

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wore my Apple watch and Fitbit today on the same wrist to monitor which was more accurate. I had read that the Fitbit was more accurate and I wanted to see for myself. my Apple Watch has logged a signicantly bigger number of steps vs my Fitbit. Does this ever happen to you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes