Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze battery draining fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love my Fitbit blaze. It is 2 months past it’s warrenty and has started to lose it charge very quickly. It only lasts a day, if that. I have done a reset, still won’t hold a charge. Is there a solution?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hi there @Sophdig! Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that the battery on your Fitbit Blaze is not lasting as it should. Thanks a lot for restarting it! I'd like to give you a hand.

I can recommend putting your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the charger and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this (every one or two hours at least) so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I just got a Fitbit Blaze on 2/8/2019. I changed it up when I fast got in the evening Set it up on my cell phone and it updated it. When I got home the battery was super low in red. I plug it in again.

It was plugged in all night. About at 2:30 the battery was super low and it sent out soon after that.

Got home today and let it charge all night again. Weill see how long it last now.

Been trying to sync with my cell phone for 10 minutes and it's not doing it. Maybe I need to restart my cell phone a Android one. I don't know how if can restart the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi mine is doing exactly the same. It's worked fine for 2 years. Now all of a sudden I'm lucky to get 8 hrs from being fully charged. It's getting pretty frustrating. I've tried shutdown and restart but it's no better.!

Best Answer

I have had my Blaze for about a year now. Was given to me as a gift and loved it from day 1. In the last month it just won't hold a charge. It will only last about 4 or 5 hours max. When I go to charge it up it only takes about 20 mins and indicator tells me it's fully charged. As soon as I put it on battery will visibility drain. Would love to get Support to email me and we could work on a solution then. 

Best Answer

You're going to find that the only real solution is an RMA.

You could change the battery, but there's no vendor supported path for consumers to take with that.

And once the battery starts to be flaky, you'll start to experience all sorts of other issues.  Don't be distracted by them -- it's really all about the battery, and it's not truly "user serviceable".

Best Answer

No. They won’t do anything. I had the same issue at 11 months and they sent me one even worse. As soon as it went past the year mark they cut me loose. I’ll never buy another Fitbit as long as I live.

Best Answer

I feel your pain. Mine is 13 months old and the battery is shot.  Fitbit agrees, but will not do anything about it since it is 1 month out of warranty.  Seems to me that there is a bad lot of Blaze watches out there, and Fitbit won't step up and admit it.  I was offered a coupon for 25% off another Fitbit...gee, thanks!

Best Answer

I agree. They offered me a 50% off (not counting the sale price at the time) and I declined. Why on God's green earth would I reward this behavior with more money? [and then they sent me a replacement Blaze pebble that literally says battery empty now 90 days later].

They don't seem to understand that had they made good on dealing with the Blaze I might have been willing to buy the next generation ion but not now.

They told me and I quote:

"We hear where you're coming from and respect your stand regarding our response.

We know that this is not the resolution that you're looking for today, we will be using your feedback to improve our services and also our warranty policy.

We look forward to your understanding toward this matter. Don’t hesitate to make us aware at your earliest convenience if you have other questions."

That falls in the too little too late category. I'm not buying from them anymore. I don't care if they get the act together or not. I just am so frustrated and have absolutely no faith in the company in anymore.

oh and they also went on to say this:

"We want to let you know that our company focuses primarily on customer service satisfaction and it literally impacts us when even one customer, as yourself, is unsatisfied. In line with this, we want to let you know that our Fitbit trackers were made to last as they were all designed to be durable using high-quality materials they are made of. With this case relating to their quality, there are some factors that are beyond our control like usage, storage, or weather changes that affects the tracker's capability to function to the fullest. Same with other devices, it may encounter a manufacturing issue that we can only determine once the customer has experienced it. We recognize the feedback and the insights from our customers. This is the reason why we constantly strive to develop our product but we have to consistently enforce the company policies."

So essentially they are 

1. Blaming the customer
  2. calling plastic high-quality materials (I beg to differ on this, my charge fell apart quickly and the Blaze was built just as cheap and the battery as it turns out was junk)
  3. Blame the manufacturing (that is literally your problem Fitbit you are horrible at building things because you purposely make them cheap and designed to fail)

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
I've had years of listening to and deciphering corporate speak.

They can hang with the best, in that category.

Imagine how they could totally dominate this market if they (a) made a high
quality product that did what they claimed, (b) and applied the fixes that
the issues warranted, (c) and added the real features that people are
clamoring for in the realm of team/group/community.

But alas, instead we have an entire sport board filled with the same basic
flaws across multiple product lines. And the customer is repeatedly and
not-so-subtly blamed for it all.

It's really disheartening, to be honest.

So much promise, wasted.
Best Answer

No there is another solution. I though it away. Got mad at it. At about 3 PM it died again. I bought the charger with me this time and charged it and put it on again. Then I lost the charger so just though the fitbit away.

Even if they did replace it sounds like the battery would only last good for less then a year reading some of these post.

So I don't have this any more.

-Raymond Day

Best Answer

Have done what you suggested. Any help much appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you all in the Community Forums! 🙂

Sorry to hear that some of you are still having problems with the battery on your Fitbit Blaze not lasting as it should. Thank you all for everything that you've tried to get your trackers to work. I'd like to help you guys out.

@RaymondDay @Wrighty75 @SophdigI've escalated your case to our Support Team for them to help you out with this. Please, keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions and if you need more help, feel free to let me know!

@dohainmhireI can recommend putting your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the charger and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this (every one or two hours at least) so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

If any of you need more help, feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RaymondDay wrote:

No there is another solution. I though it away. Got mad at it. At about 3 PM it died again. I bought the charger with me this time and charged it and put it on again. Then I lost the charger so just though the fitbit away.

Even if they did replace it sounds like the battery would only last good for less then a year reading some of these post.

So I don't have this any more.

-Raymond Day

Sadly that is the only viable solution. Even if they replace it you will get one that has been sitting in a box for months with the battery going bad. The only way to get a fresh battery is to pay money.

Best Answer

Sadly that is the only viable solution. Even if they replace it you will get one that has been sitting in a box for months with the battery going bad. The only way to get a fresh battery is to pay money.

That was my experience with my second Blaze.  The first one (June 2016) went for over a year before it started to degrade in battery life.  It started at 4+ days per full charge to just over a day (~Sept 2018)

The new one (Oct 2018) started at 4 days for the FIRST full charge, and immediately went down from there. The second charge got me to 3 days, and since then it has vacillated between 1 and 2 days with a full charge -- using the official chargers.

These days, I'm ecstatic if it makes it to a full day before screaming "low battery".  I used to be able to go two full days, minimum, before my bar went from green to orange.  Now, it takes just a few hours to get there.     A week or so ago, it took my 6 hours to get to orange, and I actually feared that something was wrong....

Best Answer

Hi @NatalieJackman and @BrainWaveCC, thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience. 

Let me know if there's anything else i can do for you!

Lucia | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir dieser Post geholfen? Bezeichne ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LuciaFitbit wrote:

Hi @NatalieJackman and @BrainWaveCC, thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience. 

Let me know if there's anything else i can do for you!

Why do you keep asking this if you intend to do nothing. It is very disingenuous.

No seriously?

You keep deleting messages because “I’m not adding to a thread”. Maybe we are upset. Your refusal to make things right and then saying what you just said is a blatant insult. Seriously it’s insulting.

Deleting the posts doesn’t reduce the anger. It doesn’t improve the company image.

What have you done? In order to ask what else can you do you have to first have done something.

Best Answer

I have not experienced problems with my Blaze running out of charge so quickly until yesterday, where the battery was 3/4 full then within an hour totally flat. I charged it to full, within the hour totally flat. Re charged went to bed - This morning flat again. Please could you also mail me the solution. I’ve turned it off and on, checked there is nothing draining it. Only thing I’ve done is change the screen face, but that was 3 weeks ago, I’ve now changed it back to the original face I had. Ferdinand, Please an you mail me the solution also. Many thanks Sam Howells.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Howler111 wrote:

I have not experienced problems with my Blaze running out of charge so quickly until yesterday, where the battery was 3/4 full then within an hour totally flat. I charged it to full, within the hour totally flat. Re charged went to bed - This morning flat again. Please could you also mail me the solution. I’ve turned it off and on, checked there is nothing draining it. Only thing I’ve done is change the screen face, but that was 3 weeks ago, I’ve now changed it back to the original face I had. Ferdinand, Please an you mail me the solution also. Many thanks Sam Howells.

Unfortunately there is no solution. The battery is integrated and can not be replaced. Fitbit went with a apparently cheap battery and now they are all starting to seriously degrade.

If you have a warranty you can try to get a replacement but it will have the same issue at some point too.

Sorry. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've charged it and kept syncing for the last couple of hours. It's now completely dead. What is the next step?

Best Answer
0 Votes