Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze battery lasting less than one day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit blaze is two years old and it will not hold a charge longer than 15 hours.  I charge it at night while sleeping start wearing it around 6am and it is dead by 930pm. I have read one or two tips that I could find and tried them nothing is working. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hi there @aob76. Great to see you in the Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that the battery on your Blaze is not lasting much 😕

Now, based on your warranty, I would be able to get our Support Team to help you out with this but the would only be able to offer a discount on a new tracker. If that's something you'd like to go for, I'll be happy to do it for you.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

What would be the discount offered ?

“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” ~ Maya Angelou

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aob76, I am not sure what's their criteria in order to offer different options but if you'd like I can create a case for you and have them reach you for them to tell you what would be the available options.

Is that you'd be interested in doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes please !!

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Fitbit blaze for a year and I can charge my blaze all night long and it’ll be dead two days later what’s the return policy or exchange policy or what can I do to fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The most disappointing thing is I was told I would be offered a discount to buy another one because they could not do anything to fix the problem and then I was never offered that discount.  I did purchase a new one because all my friends are in the Fitbit community, if it was not for that I would have switched to Garmin ... I feel I was given very poor customer service .

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aob76 wrote:

My Fitbit blaze is two years old and it will not hold a charge longer than 15 hours.  I charge it at night while sleeping start wearing it around 6am and it is dead by 930pm. I have read one or two tips that I could find and tried them nothing is working. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Update the app on your phone, turn off "all day sync", set heart rate to "Auto".

When syncing either turn off your phone's WiFi or set your router to channels 1 or 14. Keep your Blaze close to your phone when syncing. This is a quark of Bluetooth as it shares the same frequencies as WiFi and there is nothing FitBit can do to correct that. WiFi can interfere with any Bluetooth device.

Also, if your are trying to sync in a very weak cellular coverage area that will also impact battery life.

Keep the heart rate sensor window and your wrist clean.

You may want to try my Duck Tape fix posted on another forum which seems to have greatly improved heart rate accuracy and it protects the fragile window from damage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly you didn’t miss out on much! They would only offer you a 25% discount on lesser priced trackers, the ones that are comparable aren’t eligible. It’s a joke, especially since had it been under Waranty they would have most likely sent you a link for things to try and ignored you when you said you had already tried them and still had the issue. Nice isn’t it? Mine was only 1.5 years old and lasting 22 hours and that’s when they finally gave me the time of day, by then it was too old. You would think after spending over 200 dollars for better quality or customer service!,

Best Answer

I couldn’t have said it any better ! I was disgusted with the lack of customer service !

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze will only last a few hours and the battery will die. I have had to charge it twice today.  I just got off the phone with them. My Blaze is 13 months old and they offered me the 40% off a new one.  I told him i am not going to spend another $200.00 for a years worth of usage.  I said thank you but i'm going to find another / better product.  Probably a Samsung Galaxy Watch. VERY VERY bad service.  And honestly he could not care less! Will never buy nor support Fitbit any longer.

Best Answer

Yeah I was only offered that high of a discount on the ionic... which is so unattractive looking first of all! But it’s currently going for $249 yet the discount only applies to the original price of $299!! I would love to get an Apple Watch but I honestly prefer my Blaze and those are insanely priced anyway! I preferred my blaze because of the battery life but that’s not relevant. You would think maybe they would at least offer a discount on a new Blaze! And the extended 2 year warranty is so expensive so paying for that on top of a new device isn’t worth it! Ugh!

Im glad I’m not the only one,,! I know so many people who swear by their customer service! I dance and have a bunch of friends who are really into running and they can’t say enough about how much Fitbit prides themselves on customer service! One of my friends lost 2 of her Zips and they sent her a new one, no questions asked. My best friend has one that wouldn’t sync and they just sent him another one and told him he could keep the old one (it worked by itself, you just couldn’t sync it to the app) which is an issue i had and they sent me a link that I had already read and tried everything it suggested and when I told them I already did those things, then did them again anyway and replied again saying it didnt Work AGAIN, they didn’t bother to respond! My friends told me to give them another chance because it was unlike them to be likeminded that,  I have contacted them again for another issue and nothing! Both times I was under the warranty. This time I filled out the customer support for tech issues form to report a problem, then got an email sending me back to the same place to fill out the form again! So I tried twitter (which I don’t even use in the first place) and that’s how I got somewhere.... but of corse they would respond now, its out of warranty! What kind of scam are they running!? I don’t see how it’s  legal for them to ignore claims when someth8ng is under warranty and only respond when it’s not covered any more. I’m furious!,

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

Hi there everyone! Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are not satisfied with what the Support Team offered. Unfortunately, when the limited warranty is up, our team will not be able to replace your tracker but in most ocassions, they will be albe to offer a discount in the purchase of selected trackers.

If you'd like to take advantage of this discount, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s understandable that after the limited warranty is up they can’t fix or replace it. What is not at all understandable is having the limited warranty and not upholding the warranty before that 1 year of the warranty is up! Not offering any help once you see it’s still under warranty or flat out not responding at all to claims/emails in order to avoid having to repair or replace a device is unacceptable. How are we supposed to want to continue to be a customer with that kind of treatment? It’s extremely hurtful and not right. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What’s even more hurtful and not right is to not even bother to address address my complaint. If I am telling you “Support ignored me/refused to help me when my device was covered by the warranty” It’s very insulting to get a response that apologizes for the fact that I am upset with the help I received (when no help was offered) and that you are unable to replace a device after the warranty is expired (even though the many times I tried to get help it was still covered), but you can buy a new one discounted (and if it breaks I won’t be able to get it replaced even in the first year). 

I have spoke with several people from Fitbit and every response I get does not even address what I’m saying. How am I supposed to want to make another expensive purchase after everyone I talk to responds as if the message was automated and didn’t actually come from someone who reads what I write. 

Ive worked in customer service for years, but this is the most hurtful and insulting treatment I have ever even heard of. Customer service is supposed to help and listen to what the customers are saying even if they can’t help. All we want is to be listened to and given answers. I don’t think that’s too much to ask from a company that prides themself on their customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly I don’t even have any of the features turned on(heart rate, all day sync, notifications, nothing), I’ve tried not even bothering to sync it at all, my app is updated as soon as they are available and I have a brand new phone. Still it only lasts 17 hours. The weird thing is in the app it always says “battery medium” even when it’s minutes away from dying, possibly even when it is actually dead. But everything still syncs just not the accurate battery level. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would say be careful, I have been sucked into that discount and upgraded to the blaze and it has performed very poor, vicious cycle

Best Answer
0 Votes