Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased my blaze in February/March (cannot remember exactly when) and noticed last night that the time was off by half an hour which this is a first. I attempted to sync in hopes of correcting this and noticed the last time my Blaze synced was May 4th and it would not sync.

I followed all instructions I could find to troubleshoot. I restarted my Blaze, then unpaired Bluetooth and removed device from my Fitbit app. When I attempted to link again via Bluetooth it is saying Blaze is rejecting pairing. I am at a loss of what to do.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi there @StephanieHeath. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems getting your Blaze to sync and thanks a lot for what you've already tried to get it to work.

Since you've already tried most things, there's one more I can suggest and it's unpairing your Blaze from the Bluetooth settings but this time on your phone's settings directly. For that, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Once you've done this, attempt to set up your tracker one more  time. 

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

If that doesn't work, one last thing you could verify is that your phone is a compatible device for syncing with your Fitbit tracker. For this, you can see the list of compatible devices here just to be sure and if your phone is compatible and even with the previous tips, you're not able to get your tracker to sync, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
I did what you suggested and I get as far as entering the 4 digit code
displayed then it says connecting forever. I let it do that for 10 min
before giving up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Mine's doing exactly the same thing and now won't pair with my phone at all. Did you manage to sort yours out?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No unfortunately not
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Don't know what else to try, just suddenly stopped syncing!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and trying that @StephanieHeath!

Also, good to see you in the Forums @Lucyk86! 🙂 I'm sorry you're also having problems getting your Blaze to sync 😕

Now, what phone are you guys using for syncing your trackers?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Samsung Galaxy S6
Best Answer
0 Votes
Samsung Galaxy a3 (2017). Everything was working ok until Friday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. device is iphone 8 plus

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @StephanieHeath @Lucyk86 and welcome to the Forums @Adam1994! 🙂

In your situation @Lucyk86, I'm afraid that the Samsung Galaxy A3 is not on the list of compatible devices. When it comes to devices compatibility, keep in mind that the two devices that are for sure not compatible at the moment are the Huawei P9 Lite and the Huawei P8 Lite.

For all other devices, if they're not on the list of compatible devices, you might be able to sync with them but we don't guarantee that the functionality will be optimum as we are still testing on these phone models and due to the large number of Android and Windows devices, our team has not yet tested all of them.

Now, in your situations @StephanieHeath @Adam1994, your phones are compatible devices for syncing, so it's very strange that you're having problems to get them to sync with your trackers.

Just as an alternative... Is there any chance you can try setting up your trackers using an alternate device  that is compatible as a tablet or another phone? If so, try that, then try to get your Blaze to sync with your phone (you can also attempt to turn off your phone and turn it back on) and see if that goes through.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Stephanie and Adam - mine's working now but the Blaze would only pair with my phone when I changed the Bluetooth setting on the Blaze to 'pair'. I then went through 'set up a new device' and the data is now syncing etc.
Hopefully that works for you! 
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great news @Lucyk86! 🙂

Thanks a lot for getting back and letting us know and hopefully @Adam1994 and @StephanieHeath find this helpful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

FIt Bit Blaze not showing up on bluetooth. If its not showing up on the phone bluetooth how the hell are you suppose to say for get device? Also it use to show up as Blaze Classic but thats not there either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, I've tried every reset and pair combo mentioned here so far with no luck. My Blaze stopped syncing at some point in the last day or two, I'm guessing when the Fitbit app was "down for maintenance"  that was related? I only noticed this morning that there was a serious issue.The time has been off and nothing has worked since then. I've been messing with it all day today, no luck yet. Pretty frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes