Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze warranty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit community,

Long time Fitbit user (since the beginning). This is long.

I've been a Fitbit user/owner since they started.  One of my favorite things about the company was their customer service and standing behind their product. Seems that's gone by the wayside in the last year and now they just care about money.

I realize they updated their warranty policy and that should have been the first sign that customer service standards were changing.

Any Fitbit that I've had a problem with in the past (software issue, battery issue, band issue, broken screen) they always took care of it, made me feel like I mattered and made sure I was satisfied with how they handled customer service and appreciated my customer loyalty.

By word of mouth, over the years, I've convinced several family members and friends to purchase Fitbit products due to their customer service and loyalty.

In the last few days, they've made me want to switch products. I've loved all of my Fitbits, but my recent customer service interactions have me looking elsewhere.

I have a Fitbit Blaze and have had it since Christmas 2016. It's been great!  Recently, I noticed a small scratch on the screen. In the last week the scratch is growing. So I called customer service, knowing they've always been great about these types of things. Well, not anymore. The first person I talked to could care less, clearly was reading a script and offered a 25% discount to purchase a new tracker. I opted to keep that as an option, but wait to activate it. Now that the scratch is getting worse I decided to activate it. I call back again, same treatment (just another number to them) and you could tell they were trying to get me off the phone quickly. At this point, I had decided I'd use the discount to upgrade to the Versa or Ionic since the Blaze isn't in their site anymore. I receive my discount code and see that it comes with a ton of caveats. The main one, that was a red flag, you can't use it on any of the comparable trackers (Versa, Ionic or Ace). Neither customer service rep said their were any caveats and presented the information like I had a 25% discount for any tracker.  Now I'm super frustrated. I call back, bring up that their discount is basically useless and ask them what's the point of offering a discount if it doesn't really fix the problem.

They then offer to send me a Blaze because they still have them in the warehouse. Seems promising until the cost of the Blaze (with the discount) is the same cost of the Versa. How does that make sense?

At a loss and potentially looking to switch to a new product line. Buyers beware.  Sad to see things have gone downhill with Fitbit.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Eggsnsam. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums!

I'm very sorry about the problems you've experienced with our Support Team.

It's already been a while since our team offers the 25% discount when users are already out of warranty, which unlike other brands or any other business, once users are out of warranty, there's not much else they do for them.

Now, about why you can not use the discount with the Ionic or the Versa... This is because Fitbit works with different categories of trackers, that means that you can only redeem the discount for a tracker on the same category. The Blaze for example, is an activity tracker and not a smart watch as the Ionic or the Versa.

Hope this clarifies any doubt and anything else you may need, feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer