Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit blaze won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit blaze died yesterday while I was at work. The battery life has been shorter lately but I assume that just happens over time. I plugged it when I got home from work and left it to charge overnight. This morning when I went to put it on I noticed that it is still not charged and will not turn on. I've tried to sync it, plug it into different plugs throughout my home but nothing is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

My Fitbit blaze died yesterday while I was at work. The battery life has been shorter lately but I assume that just happens over time. I plugged it when I got home from work and left it to charge overnight. This morning when I went to put it on unnoticed that it is still not charged and will not turn on. I've tried to sync it, plug it into different plugs throughout my home but nothing is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tough wake up call when your Blaze goes totally dead sometimes @Mgrossman16

9 out of 10 times it charges right up after dying; but that 1 shot can get frustrating as your blaze may have been communicating/syncing at the time of drain 😞

Here are the suggested steps to resuscitate.

I had a similar instance with a Surge. It is hard to trouble shoot with a blank screen so go by vibration.

Out of the charge cage hold the left button and the bottom right button until your Blaze vibrates, if after 30 seconds or so, try again, maybe again - any logo yet? If no then there isn't enough umphh to vibrate or light up the screen so do your best to place in charge cage and see if it acknowledges contact with a vibration - if no try a different USB port or charging block, any acknowledgement? If yes, quickly pull from the cage and try the left & lower right press at the same time.

If still unresponsive contact customer service so they might offer other options, be sure to let them know what steps you have tried.  A day without your fitbit is like a day without a cheerleader!

fingers crossed for you, keep moving...be sure to come back and share your resolution.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Lithium ion batteries can become permanently damaged if completely discharged. That's why most phones will shut down before that happens. If it is still under warranty I would contact customer support.

Best Answer
Thank you so much! That was very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Worked perfectly! Thanks!

Best Answer