Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got some questions about EMF and Radiation and such.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Let me start off by saying I have read several threads that slightly deal with this topic. However none of them have answered any of the questions I am going to ask.

After doing some research on the topic of if Fitbit Blaze causes cancer. I found a wealth of people talking about concerns about EMF, Radiation and WiFi and etc. Many show the FCC (or whatever their name is) requirements and that other company that deals with the EMF readings and then use their EMF, Radiation and WiFi detectors to show that even the fitbit itself (regardless of which one someone has) emits more radiation in any area of registry than even the FCC rules say is acceptable and certainly way more than the other place says is allowable too (sorry forgot their name).

So I searched the internet for ways to be able to still use the Fitbit Blaze that I own (second one now) without the radiation of any genre. Most people for my particular Fitbit say to turn off "All Day Sync" and "connected always" in the settings on the Fitbit app as well as turn off your phones "Bluetooth" and "data" and "sync" and "WiFi" options. And on the Fitbit itself to turn off the "Bluetooth (Classic)" option. Then they said something very interesting. That the Fitbit Blaze does not allow for the standard "Bluetooth" to be shut off. And this will continue to produce EMF and the other radiations regardless if your phones bluetooth is on or not.

So my first question here is (and it's complicated): Through my own research of the product I physically own on my first Fitbit Blaze. when I turn off the "Bluetooth (classic)" the phone does not pick up the "Bluetooth" standard hardly even. When I have tried to selected after I first "unpaired" it it says that it can not be connected or pair. Yet if I turn on my "Bluetooth (classic)" option (on my first Fitbit Blaze) it will sync to my app. So the first question is why have two Bluetooth options when they virtually do exactly the same thing accept one adds in keyboard and the other is a constant emissions of Bluetooth? It doesn't make since to me to have two, and no I have not miss understood anything with this I have done the tests (I unsynced the standard "Bluetooth" so it can not be connecting to my phone).

Second: How do I turn off the Bluetooth standard permanently (I don't mean break the device)

Third: Does the heart tracking bit emit EMF, WiFi, Radiation or anything else that can potentially cause cancer of any kind?

Fourth: Most people seemed to be concerned about the various types of radiation and wave length EMF and etc causing a tumor in the brain. I haven't seen any talking about other places in the body. My Fitbit is on my right or left wrist not my head. So does this increase the chances (I don't care how small of a increase it is a increase still) of getting cancer say in my private parts, or Colon, or maybe skin cancer around those areas, or maybe lung cancer? or maybe in my wrist(s)????? Please be honest, and I don't expect Fitbit employees or moderators to fork over 100% honest answers (if there was/is a problem with these things in a radiation since it would mean millions in legal damages, so I expect vague answers there).

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

The Blaze does not have any Wifi or cellular capability. 

The heart rate shines a little led light onto the skin.

Any device that has electricity flowing through it gives off emf, including a light bulb. This is the princible behind a transformer, motor, old fashion door bell, speaker, etc.

Best Answer

Thanks for the imput. however how do I turn off the bluetooth standard on this fitbit? (not talking about Bluetooth (Classic))

Also your answer is discrediting live video demonstrations of radiation and EMF detection devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @JT1985 and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

Regarding to your question, Fitbit trackers operate far below FCC compliance levels for RF power levels. So low in fact that they're exempt from the evaluations required for other RF devices like cell phones. Also, the fact that your tracker only transmits intermittently further decreases exposure to RF energy. About the Bluetooth inquiry, you just need to turn off your phone's Bluetooth.

See you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Okay about the phone bluetooth. My wife's phone picks up my bluetooth though its never been synced or paired with her phone. So it's still emitting, how do I turn the standard bluetooth off on the actual device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you saying your wifes phone picks up your phones bluetooth?

Best Answer
0 Votes

no, I am saying her phone picks up my fit bits bluetooth. though its not paired to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JT1985 wrote:

Okay about the phone bluetooth. My wife's phone picks up my bluetooth though its never been synced or paired with her phone. So it's still emitting, how do I turn the standard bluetooth off on the actual device.

You can’t.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why even have 2 bluetooth connections on a fitbit? 1 you can turn off and 1 you can't?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The classic BT is only used for music control and must be manually paired to the phone. Therefore it needs to be able to be switched into pairing mode.

In IOS this isnt used at all so it gets disabled.

Best Answer
0 Votes