Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate too low

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Blaze for over a year now and I'm starting to see evidence that my heart rate monitor is inaccurate. Today, I did a workout that I nearly passed out from. My Blaze had my heart rate at 97 bpm. I took my heart rate manually and got 160 bpm which seems more likely from the feeling I was having. 

I've tried all the canned suggestions. My Blaze has been on every inch of my arm. The band has been so tight my hand turned purple, so loose it nearly fell off, and every notch in between. I've tried cleaning and resetting it. But nothing has seemed to make a difference. One thing is for sure, it is consistent in it's inaccuracy. 

The only other thing I can think of is to shave my arm. I'm not a hairy person but I can't think of what could be causing it to be so inaccurate. Suggestions?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @Rasyndain. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Blaze not recording your heart rate accurately.

Thanks a lot for all the things that you've already tried to see if there's any improvement!

There's one last thing that I can suggest similar to what you suggested about shaving the hair on your arm (I won't have you actually shave it, don't worry) buuuut, it seems that some users have noticed this to be a reason for the heart rate not to be tracked as it should. Could you just try doing a workout but this time, to wear your tracker on the inside of your arm? This part of the arm doesn't have as much hair generally, so just as a test, you could try this out and see if there's any improvement.

Let me know if this seems to make any difference.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes