Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate tracking issues when rate is above 150bpm

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm running into an odd situation with my Blaze.

The heart rate seems to work normally at all times including most exercise. But when I get my heart beating above 150 bpm the reading gets flakey.  Up to 150 it's fine, but once i get to 150 it looses the heart rate & stops reading...then it reports sub 100, and slowly climbs back up to about 110 and hovers around there.

Today I tried it on a stationary bike, so that I could use the bikes heart rate monitor to compare. At the start they were about the same (around 5 bpm apart any time I checked), and then once I got to 150 the Blaze flaked out as described above. On the bike I got up to 165 while the Blaze was reporting 105. Then during the cooldown as my heart rate slowed, the Blaze finally got accurate again once my heart beat dropped below 120.

Anybody know what's going on or have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you around @SunsetRunner. Are you making sure that you are wearing your tracker properly? In this post, our friend @FerdinandFitbit is providing some tips to properly wear your Blaze and obtain a better HR reading.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It's great to see you around @SunsetRunner. Are you making sure that you are wearing your tracker properly? In this post, our friend @FerdinandFitbit is providing some tips to properly wear your Blaze and obtain a better HR reading.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlejandraFitbit. I've been wearing it properly for day to day use as described in that post. I'll try adjusting how I wear it during exercise and see if that changes the results. Will let you know.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlejandraFitbit. I tried the suggested placement of the tracker 3 fingers up from the wrist during exercise and it seems to have done the trick. I was able to track my heartrate properly up to 165 bpm today on the stationary bike. Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Those are great news @SunsetRunner, you are welcome!

I am glad to hear that your tracker is now properly registering your heart rate information. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Happy stepping! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes