Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate tracking within exercise mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love my Blaze, and it works great 90% of the time. But I have issues with my heart rate registering after I've gone into exercise mode. (On purpose, not the auto detect) it's happened a few times and is really irritating. I put it into "weights" mode, I lifted for about forty five minutes. Some deep squats and heavy bench, things that really spike my heart rate, and my Blaze never even showed anything above 82. Many times it was just blank lines too. Anyone else ever have this happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @walkymcwalk, I don't think this is an issue with exercise mode.  Rather, I think it is an issue with the exercise itself.  Weight lifting typically involves a fair amount of wrist flexing and under these circumstances wrist worn trackers often have trouble detecting heart rate.  

To get the best possible readings you should wear it as high on your wrist as you can manage, and a little bit more snugly than you would in day to day wear.  However, even so you may get incinsistent results when lifting weights.  Using the trackers on rowing machines often have similar issues, also because of wrist action.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @walkymcwalk, I don't think this is an issue with exercise mode.  Rather, I think it is an issue with the exercise itself.  Weight lifting typically involves a fair amount of wrist flexing and under these circumstances wrist worn trackers often have trouble detecting heart rate.  

To get the best possible readings you should wear it as high on your wrist as you can manage, and a little bit more snugly than you would in day to day wear.  However, even so you may get incinsistent results when lifting weights.  Using the trackers on rowing machines often have similar issues, also because of wrist action.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thanx! I had not considered this. Totally makes sense. I do wear it high on my wrist when I exercise because I remember hearing to do that back when I started Fitbitting!  😉  

I'm sure you're right.

Best Answer
0 Votes