Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home button not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my single button to get back to main screen wont work. I've cleaned it and pushed on it and i cant get back to watch face.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@redmod63 wrote:
My back button quit working and now my heart rate has quit too and I can not reset my blaze as long as the back button doesn't work

You can shut it down from the settings menu ("Shutdown") and subsequently turn it back on using either of the buttons on the right.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Wonderful troubleshooting @redmod63

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team: India | United Kingdom | United States

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

Mention what you've already tried to speed things up.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @redmod63 and @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by! Woman Happy Please confirm that you removed dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

If these steps don't work, feel free to contact our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
My back button quit working and now my heart rate has quit too and I can not reset my blaze as long as the back button doesn't work
Best Answer
0 Votes

@redmod63 wrote:

You can shut it down from the settings menu ("Shutdown") and subsequently turn it back on using either of the buttons on the right.

Best Answer

shutting it off fixed the heart rate issue,when i turned it back on it started working.the back button issue i have not been able to correct,so i called fitbit and after 5 min. they are sending me a new one.fit bit is awesome!

Best Answer

Splendiferous @redmod63

# The most awesome community

coollogo_com-18803402.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Shutdown did not solve my issue. Restarting it did not work either. 

@jmattwood wrote:

@redmod63 wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @bilreid70 and thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. Have you tried to follow the instructions provided in my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend following those tips.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I tried this and the buttons still don't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner, thanks for your participation in the Community.

Since the troubleshoot provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team for them to take a deeper look at this, please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Catch you later. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I tried all these steps and my left button still does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem! I’m extremely frustrated because I got mine as a gift less than 6 months ago! I take great care of my Fitbit and have never done anything to make it this way! I’ve tried restarting multiple times (by clicking both the home button and two buttons on the side) and the shutdown option from settings. Neither techniques have worked to make my home button work again. I’m very frustrated and would like an answer too Smiley Mad

Best Answer

Not worth the effort. Tossed it in trash bought a garmin. 

Best Answer

**ahem**.  F'ing great.  I did a 'shutdown' and now can't get my Fitbit Versa to restart. Seems the only way to restart is to use the back button and bottom buttom, but that won't work because the back button won't work.  I guess it's trash now.  This is my second (and probably last) fitbit.  Neither one lasted a full year.

Best Answer

They said to sweat as much as you want onto the Blaze because it can take it, but quite a few Blaze's buttons died on me when some rain on it while it is on my wrist.  Its either the left button, lower right button.  Made it a real pain to operate.  I had to change clock face if I accidentally go into a screen that requires physically pushing the back button.  The home button works to power up the blaze, but after it is on, the same button doesn't work..go figure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with the back button. What did you do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Specsavers lens cleaner solved my jammed button instantly. 

Best Answer