Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours with 250+ Steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just noticed the Hourly Activity feature - I don't know if it's been there all along and I just haven't noticed it, or if it's new.

Is this customizable? That is, can I change the number of steps per hour it recommends (defaults to 250)? And is there any kind of prompt or reminder or notification? That is, if I'm getting near the end of an hour can my device (Charge HR) prompt me that the hour is almost up and I haven't hit my hourly goal yet?

Also I am losing steps in my CHallenges.  My dashboard will have for example 20k steps, and in the challege will only show 17k - i do not log steps manually, the same time zone, I deleted and reinstalled app, restarted watch etc.. nothing works to make the two sync. Happened 2 days in a row no. 

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78
I wonder how it counts the 250 steps. I've got up at the top of the hour and walked 250 steps, synced and still had a grey dot. Walked 100 more, synced and still had a grey dot. Walked 100 more, synced, grey dot still. Walked even more and finally a magenta dot on the activity screen and a green dot on the dashboard.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been any updates to Hourly Activity Notifications?  I have a Charge, not an HR, just a Charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. It appears to not update in real time. I would tap where the gray dots are in the phone app. to force it to update. After doing this and tapping back on the phone, it should show correctly.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Android 6.0.1, Fitbit Blaze (17.8.401.3)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any plan to add notification reminders to the Charge HR in the future? 

Best Answer

Is there any way to tell your hourly steps? I can't find it on the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the 250 steps an hour too. Kept missing my target so my daughter set an alarm on my iphone for every hour from 9am  - 10pm with little motivating messages to get moving.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@daffydownlilly I did the same thing with my hourly reminders. I've become obsessed with those darn red dots

Patricia
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yes! Yes! Yes! I would rather have the feature be where I can set a total number of active hours in a 24 hour period, not consecutive hours. On days I run before work, I am up at 400 AM and running by 530. But I lose out on that for the active hours because I don't want to set myactive hours to start at that time every day since I'm not up that early everyday. And I hate when I miss one or two hours in the middle of the day somewhere because I'm driving inmy car (my job has me spend a lot of time riving during the day) or because I'm on a project on my computer and can't get up and walk.

Best Answer

How do you change the time period?  I have looked everywherre and can't find the 250 step per hour.  I'd like it totally gone but can't find i.t  Update.... I was able to delete it from the phone by clicking on it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
On the dashboard tap edit, top right hand corner until you get wobbly x on all items then hold down the x on the item you want to delete. Press done. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I think having a reminder to move to achieve your goal should be consistent across all devices, since it is software.  I think it is a true product differentiator.

Best Answer

It's nice to know that the hours can be changed, but it would be even better to know how to do it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to account in the app and tap on the Blaze. There is an option for hour activity goal and you can make the selections there.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just had to replace my Fitbit flex and I've synced the new one to my account however, there is no option for two 250 step challenge. HELP! I love this app!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was really disappointed to see that for what I paid for my Blaze that it didn't have the notification to move. I had read it on one of the lesser priced ones and assumed it was part of the FitBit ap and that with the pricier Blaze it would be on it. It was one of THE main reasons I spent the extra money.

The ONLY time you ever fail, is when you fail to try.
Best Answer

It is VERY important to those of us working a job where we can't just get up at will. I'm a 911 dispatcher and we can sit for hours when it is crazy and totally forget to get up and move since we're virtually tied to our computer/screens and resources. At least we can stand up and walk in place but again when it is beyond busy, and yes no bathroom/food breaks, this feature would make huge differences with our health devices.

The ONLY time you ever fail, is when you fail to try.
Best Answer
Fitbit is already working on reminders to move for the blaze.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
On the dashboard click edit (top right corner) then press red+ sign to add any features you want. In account you can choose which hours you want to do 250 steps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you.  I was doing that and the option wasn't there however, when I woke up this morning, it was back on my home screen! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks:). I figured it out a few minutes after I posted. I actually have
the Surge.
Best Answer
0 Votes