Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete data from previous user?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought a 2nd hand Fitbit Blaze. Have already set up my new account with my own details, but the achievements unlocked & calories burnt by previous owner is still showing up on my profile although it shows that tracker is restarted.  

How can I remove them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

A warm welcome to the Community @Fitorfat. If your tracker is showing previous information, I recommend logging out and logging back in to your account. If this doesn't work, I recommend creating a new account and paired your Fitbit, by doing this you shouldn't be able to see previous data. 

To paired your Blaze you just need to do the following from your Fitbit app:

1. Make sure the Fitbit app is compatible with your mobile device by checking http://www.fitbit.com/devices.
  2. Find the Fitbit app in one of these locations, depending on your device:
    • The Apple App Store for iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads.
    • The Google Play Store for Android devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Motorola Droid Turbo.
    • The Windows Store for Windows 10 mobile devices such as the Lumia phone or Surface tablet. If you have a Fitbit Surge, see the Windows 10 Computers instructions below After set up, you can sync using a mobile device.
  3. Install the app. Note that you’ll need an account with the applicable store before you can download even a free app such as Fitbit.
  4. When the app is installed, open it and tap Join Fitbit to get started. You’ll be guided through the process of creating a Fitbit account and connecting (“pairing”) your tracker to your mobile device. Pairing makes sure the tracker and mobile device can communicate with one another (sync their data).

Note that the personal information you’re asked during setup is used to calculate your basal metabolic rate (BMR), which helps determine your estimated calorie expenditure. The information is private unless you go into your Privacy settings and opt to share age, height, or weight with Fitbit friends.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have having the same issues - purchased a new Samsung s8 in the UK and I cannot sync it with my blaze. I have removed and readded the app to no avail. 

When I first started syncing the blaze would reject it; now it cannot even find it. 

Please advise as I have followed your process before commenting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SFoy I'm curious about the sentence, when i started syncing the Blaze would reject it. Replacing the phone is not the same issue as buying a used tracker?

This sounds like not a sync problem, but trying to pair the tracker through thr phones bluetooth settings screen. This is not how it is done, the t4acker will reject it every time. The app must be used to setup and connect the tracker to your Fitbit account, then if needed the app will pair the tracker to the phone.

Http://help.fitbit.com/?q=setup. 

Best Answer

How long until my Fitbit Blaze will work with my new Samsung Galaxy S8 like it did with my S6? I am very disappointed that it will not function with any of the additional features that were the reason I purchased the Blaze.

Best Answer

@EJSorboWhen fitbit has the time to test it and add.

No one can answer this question

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I have a similar issue. I am on Version 17.8.402.1.

I have taken over my wife's Blaze, she has moved to a new device. (Alta HR)  I reset the blaze using the left & right lower buttons.  I downloaded the app from Apple Store and have synced my phone and Blaze.  However, I have found that the device records our accumulative steps, and I see her messages and phone calls.  How can I completely format or re-set the Blaze so that Only My Information is received and reported on the device?  Am i missing an update? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are two things going on here .As for notifications, your wife hasot removed the Blaze from the phone .this is done by telling the phones Bluetooth to forget the Blaze . Doing this step will stop her notifications from going to the Blaze. 

Did your wife do one last sync, then removed the.Blaze from her account? 

The final sync would have cleaeedcher data .it sounds like she did not do this step .

Best Answer

@Thomas_Nana Im confused. Did you set up your own account with a different email address? You cant use the same email. You both need different accounts.

Your wife needs to remove the one she gave you from her account. She also  needs go into her phones settings and remove that device from Bluetooth settings.

Then set up your own account

To download software or App
https://www.fitbit.com/start

To set it up
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873

If you have trouble  see this Article on Why cant I set up my Fitbit?
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1872/?q=not+setup&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1 

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I think your correct @WendyBi missed that acumulative part .

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue nope we pretty much posted at the same timeSmiley Wink

Community Council Member

Best Answer

We both have separate FitBit accounts.  We both started with Flexs a while back.  So we are familiar with them and the iOS App.  Recently, I have been using my iPhone.  Comparing data, just now after about 8 hours use.  I show 5,000 steps on my Blaze, 1200 steps on the iPhone.  Wife shows 3600 steps on her device and 2000 on her phone.

She has deleted the Blaze from her application profile & from bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok I'm lost.. Your last post says both your data and your wife's data is going to your account, and you see all of your wife's history. 

Your now mentioning an unrelated step count error with both trackerst. 

I don't know what app is being used by the iOS devices to count the steps, I assume that the watch needs to be in a pocket or clipped to a belt. In a pocket, most step counters miss 10 -15% of the steps walked. 

Neither of the Fitbit trackers rmentioned actually count steps, they count arm movements that is expected to happen while the feet are stepping .

What where your arms doing at the time dyrringsltge extra steps where taken? 

Was your phones on the body, not in the hand, for the whole time slurring the test. 

Has a walk been taken while the wearer actually counted their steps and compared to what the tracker reported? 

Best Answer

I’m sorry you are lost. I posted an up date on the status, 7 hours following the original query. 

To the best of our knowledge, we have completed every step to re-set the Blaze, and isolate the account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes