Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete calories burned?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I took my fitbit off and set it to the side for about 25 minutes. During that time it said I was doing vigorous exercise at peak heart rate. I was not, I was just sitting there. So it added more than 400 calories in 25 minutes. How do I delete this out? No, it's not my BMR. I just need to know how to tell the app that I didn't do anything. 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I know of no way to delete calories burned unless it was added as a seperate exercise record.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make that 1273 calories. Which I obviously didn't burn in 25 minutes... Why did it log 1273 calories? Has it been doing this the whole time? This makes this thing totally worthless. I could understand if my count was off by a hundred or so, but 1273 is ridiculous. This thing is garbage

Best Answer

Where their any steps added durrinh this time period. If so these steps can be deleated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to welcome you @allanr143@WendyB and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

As our friends here mentioned, are you manually logging an activity? Since the trackers don't log activities that you didn't do. If you are logging some activities, I recommend deleting them.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
They do log activity that you didn't do. Otherwise I wouldn't have a
problem in the first place. That's the whole issue.
Best Answer

Having the very same problem. Mine was sitting on my counter for a couple hours and has accumulated 6k calories burned. Smh. 

Best Answer

I just returned from a 135 mile motorcycle ride and my Blaze logged about 10,000 steps.  How and I delete them?

Best Answer

To everyone accumulating. Artificial steps/calories you go into exercise on the phone or activity log on a PC and use an existing manual activity...... Driving..... and enter the duration. That will clear the steps and adjust calories.

Get back if you have issues

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @allanr143 and @BrandonB@dfelda thanks for the information and @Colinm39 for the steps to follow.

As our friend here recommended, you can manually log the activity "Driving" to negate information, you just need to the following from a computer:

1. Go to the Activities page by clicking Log at the top of your dashboard, then click Activities. 
2. Under Log Activities, click a common activity or search for your activity in the search box. 
3. Select your activity from the search results. If the activity is not in our system, you have the option to create your own activity by clicking the Create custom activity text that will appear below the search field. 
4. Enter the duration, distance (if applicable), and start time of your activity. You have the option to manually enter the number of calories burned here if you'd like to. 
5. Click Log Activity. Your activity will now be visible and editable in the Logged Activities area. 

See you around. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@allanr143 if it automatically logs an activity you did not do, there is an option to delete that activity. 

You might also want to disable the auto exercise for the false activity that is being logged. Doing this will also extend the battery time between charges. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

I just got my Fitbit Charge 2 today, and is now currently setting it up. It says in my fitbit-app that I have already burned 552 calories today, even though I just took it out of the box. It also says that I have burned around 1321 calories each day all the way back to january 2016, and even before that if I bother scrolling further back. How can I delete this?? I dont want all of these stats when it doesnt reflect my workouts, so I would really like to get rid of it and start fresh with what is supposed to be a new fitbit. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Verahaugen. Welcome to the forums.. Nothing is wrong there because every Fitbit activity includes your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and that could be 50% of you typical daily Calorie Burn.. You cannot change that.. See this link from Fitbit's help area...

@Verahaugenwrote:

Hi! 

I just got my Fitbit Charge 2 today, and is now currently setting it up. It says in my fitbit-app that I have already burned 552 calories today, even though I just took it out of the box. It also says that I have burned around 1321 calories each day all the way back to january 2016, and even before that if I bother scrolling further back. How can I delete this?? I dont want all of these stats when it doesnt reflect my workouts, so I would really like to get rid of it and start fresh with what is supposed to be a new fitbit. How can I fix this?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

These calories where added when you setup your fitbitFaccount and has nothing to do .With the tracker. 

You requested Fitbit to show youwhatyoit knows about a date in the past. Based on what ypuytold Fitbit and the fsctfthat no steps where recorded on those days. Fitbit simply knows about uh. BMR which is not stored but calculated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

delete it all on your phone you synched fitbit with - it allows you to edit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

the same thing happened to me - I went into my phone app and delete it all the steps and calories that were way off.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

delete the steps on your cell phone on the app where it allows you to edit.

Best Answer
0 Votes