Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you know if Fitbit Blaze is charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you setup Fitbit Blaze during the initial charge of 2 hours.  Just received a replacement product and not very confident of it working.  I am seeing the logo and fitbit.com/setup which I am told is usual for this product if it has not been setup.  Phoned Customer Services who cannot understand a simple question.  They are now closed so quite convenient.  It will have been on charge for 2 hours just after 8pm.  Need some pointers here.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you around @JoeBeaver@Braido welcome to the Community, @WendyB and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

If you are seeing the fitbit.com/setup message, that means that your Blaze needs to be paired, if you already have a Fitbit account, you just need to do the following from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Before this, just verify that your tracker is charged. If your tracker is charged and you keep seeing that battery message please restart your devices.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

If its been charged for 2 two hours you should be able to set it up. Just use the same email as before so you retain your records

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was still showing as Low Battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you saying the Blaze shows s low battery or the app is reporting the battery is low?

When you hooked the Blaze up to charge, did the Blaze vibrate?

It will also vibrate if the charging stops.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having a similiar issue. I bought a brand new Blaze, tried to set it up on android. Went fine until I tried the software update. Came up with a message saying insufficient battery power, connect charger.

So i connected to charger for two hours, took it off, repeated the process of trying software update... same thing, insufficient battery.

Put it on charge for another two hours. Repeated process, same error, insufficient battery.

Went to shop id bought it from next day, got a replacement, took it home, set it up, tried software update... same error, insufficient battery.

Put it on charge for 2 and a half hours on my laptop (like all the previous times) tried software update again, same error.

Then i tried chargin it on my tablet, two hours, tried setup, same error. What is going on? Can anyone give me any pointers? Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @JoeBeaver@Braido welcome to the Community, @WendyB and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

If you are seeing the fitbit.com/setup message, that means that your Blaze needs to be paired, if you already have a Fitbit account, you just need to do the following from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Before this, just verify that your tracker is charged. If your tracker is charged and you keep seeing that battery message please restart your devices.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Update. Left Blaze on charge for about 3 to 4 hours and after that, the update worked and everything is going👌 Thanks for your help

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Braido, I am glad to hear that your Blaze is now working properly. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Happy stepping! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing at all, No Vibrate.

Now onto Fitbit Blaze No. 3 which is being delivered today. Fingers being
crossed.

Joe
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just spent 2.5 hrs on-line chat and phone with Fitbit CS on my Fitbit and options to fix my cracked screen. Only solution was 25% discount for a new one. Poor customer service with Adam S, Manager. I should have purchased the Apple device instead. I will be submitting a BBB complaint and posts on FB encouraging folks to NOT buy any Fitbit devices.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correction Adam C, Manager. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I just purchased my fitbit blaze and the setup process is saying my fitbit needs to be charged.  I put it in the cradle but the battery charging symbol isn't showing.  How do I know if it is charging?  My computer sees the fitbit connected.  The fitbit itself says fitbit.com/setup while in the cradle.  Is this correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000256 EndHTML:000023809 StartFragment:000023267 EndFragment:000023612 StartSelection:000023267 EndSelection:000023608 SourceURL:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/How-do-you-know-if-Fitbit-Blaze-is-charging/m-p/2314830Solved: Re: How do you know if Fitbit Blaze is charging - Fitbit Community

Hello,

I just purchased my fitbit blaze and the setup process is saying my fitbit needs to be charged.  I put it in the cradle but the battery charging symbol isn't showing.  How do I know if it is charging?  My computer sees the fitbit connected.  The fitbit itself says fitbit.com/setup while in the cradle.  Is this correct?  I did the restart on the tracker, I read the thread on this post as well but I didn't see an answer for the message on the tracker saying fitbit.com/setup regarding charging other than people tended to exchange them a couple times until one worked.  Is this what I need to do as well or is there another fix before I do all that?  Thanks for any help.  Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

Found this in YouTube.  It is charging even though it show the fitbit.com/setup notice:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+do+you+know+if+the+fitbit+blaze+is+charging&&view=detail&mi...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LaurieSafreed you could also search these forums, until the tracker is setup the only thing you will see is the setup message. Please. We the solution above. 

Did the app tell you at you needed to charge the Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Yes, while I was doing the setup process, said battery too low, charge it.

But it didn’t show the battery symbol that the video showed on Fitbit.com. I read off the forum that others had the same issue and replaced them a couple times.

The video I watched on YouTube showed that even though the setup icon is on the tracker, the dots of the Fitbit symol were moving and that means it is charging. I am hoping so. I have had it on there for an hour now.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue, No, it didn't vibrate.  But the App on the computer shows it is about 50%.  The green battery on the dash board.  It doesn't say if it is charging or not though.  It just shows 1/2 the green battery level in green.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At 50% I would think that there was enough power to do the update 

Have you tried a known good phone charger? 

Yes you won't see any charging indicator until it is setup. I would try the phones charger

Best Answer
0 Votes