Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you set up the Blaze?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is my 2nd Blaze in a week and it's really frustrating me.  I had it charging in the computer for 4 1/2 hrs. and it still indicates that my battery is too weak.  Yes, it's facing the correct direction (I've checked that).  I cannot get past the screen that says fitbit.com/setup  I've gone to that site and there's no direction where to go for the Blaze at all.  How do you get started?????  

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @ElaineAltman!

It’s very easy to set up your Blaze! 

First, go to this Link to see if your smartphone is compatible with the Fitbit app, if you have not installed it yet!

Once the Fitbit app is installed, open the app and choose the Blaze from the list of Fitbits. Tap on the Blaze and you will receive on screen instructions on how to set up your Fitbit Blaze! For more info on your Blaze, go to the Fitbit Blaze Users Manual.

Michael Groff | CO, USA
Fitness isn’t being better than someone else, it’s being better than you used to be!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the app on my phone from my previous FitBit and it wasn't easy.   The problem was the battery holding charge.  Apparently, it's very sensitive where you charge it the first time.  I finally got past the setup screen and it's finally charging (directly into the wall through my USB outlet)... apparently it doesn't charge through the computer, the charging station I bought from Amazon, or my car adapter.

Right now I'm afraid to even move it since I finally, after 6 hrs, got it to start charging.  

And yes, it was facing the correct way in the charger in case you were going to ask that.

It's not an easy thing to do.  You would think with a $200 model it would have been a lot easier.  I should have read the dozens of reviews on this community about the same problem.  I would have opted for the Garmin or something else.  

Let's see if this charge will take and finally get to set up properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried contacting Fitbit Support? I would definitely suggest opening a live Chat with Fitbit. Not only is it fast, but you also get superb customer service!

Michael Groff | CO, USA
Fitness isn’t being better than someone else, it’s being better than you used to be!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you here @ElaineAltman and @RunningFreak thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you keep having issues setting up your tracker? If you do, please confirm you are doing the following from a phone to paired your Blaze:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Also, have you followed our friend's recommendation and contacted our support team?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes