Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Blaze track biking?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to figure out how the Blaze tracks biking.  Looks like I start timing when I begin, does it actually track my biking revolutions or the length of time I bike?  Does it track speed or just time?  My first day with new Blaze.  I'm excited!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When you finished your ride did you press the pause button on the screen? When you do that a checkered flag appears at the top of the screen. You must press that and then press done. The data will transmit to your phone and dashboard with the next sync. At least that is what happens for me when I use my walk feature. I have not tried the bike app yet but it should be the same. How they calculate it is a mystery to us all.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi, I'm into cycling as well.  The blaze uses GPS through your phone to collect the distance etc. There is a helpful video on the help section on the fitbit website to show you how it works.  I've been having trouble with mine cutting out after a while though.  I cycled for 44km, however blaze recorded it as 6km. Have fun out there

Ange

Best Answer
0 Votes

So your saying this feature does not work as it should? I have not tried it yet because of all the snow. I just got the Blaze for Christmas.  I will be sadly disappointed if this in one more feature of this tracker that can't live up to expectations. Not very happy so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Blueange

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I went biking today and got 0 steps.  Blaze didn't calculate steps, distance, speed, anything.  Here's what I did:

1.  Went to exercise, then biking, then turned on my timing.  It did calculate minutes and heart rate but that's all.

Pretty sure it's just that I don't know what to do.  Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you finished your ride did you press the pause button on the screen? When you do that a checkered flag appears at the top of the screen. You must press that and then press done. The data will transmit to your phone and dashboard with the next sync. At least that is what happens for me when I use my walk feature. I have not tried the bike app yet but it should be the same. How they calculate it is a mystery to us all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How does the Blaze work if you're on a bike trainer(stationary bike)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it!  Very helpful.  That's what I didn't do.

So now that I've pressed "done", I can't go back and retrieve the steps for biking, right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told that the Blaze uses GPS through your phone to collect the distance etc, I'm assuming the timing enables that as well.  Just make sure you click on the checkered flag before you hit "done" to get the credit for the biking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The data should be stored in the activity section of your dashboard where you can view it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Charles. Thanks To your help I’m finally getting it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My pleasure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The stationary bike is the only activity that I haven't found a good use for my Blaze. The Bike function doesn't track because there is no movement as in miles forward. I can use it for the heart rate and workout time and I do it under the Workout function instead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem my blaze synchs fine but won't connect to my Samsung S10 when bike selected.  My GPS on my phone works fine. The feature has worked once before but then recorded only half the ride.

Best Answer
0 Votes