Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the leaderboard work?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Friend score

Does Fitbit count 7 day steps of friends or keep it adding it after 7 day because  my friend score was 80000 steps and my was 60000 but after some days his steps were 87000 (only 7000 steps more whereas he walked 13000 steps per day) and my were 72000 steps and we both synchronized it regularly how ita possible ?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you around @Fitstar6 and @Kmransom123 thanks for stopping by.

Regarding to your inquiry, leaderboards update in real-time and include both a 7 day leaderboard and a fixed month leaderboard. You need to sync regularly to ensure that your leaderboard totals stay accurate. For example, if you take 40,000 steps for the first four days of a week, then doesn't sync for three days, your total would be 40,000 at the end of seven days, yet your average will still be 10,000, as this was the average at the time of your last sync. The average will only be reflected for the days you synced.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@Fitstar6  The 7 day total is actually a rolling 7 day total.  So at midnight, the "oldest" day rolls off and a new one begins.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Fitstar6 and @Kmransom123 thanks for stopping by.

Regarding to your inquiry, leaderboards update in real-time and include both a 7 day leaderboard and a fixed month leaderboard. You need to sync regularly to ensure that your leaderboard totals stay accurate. For example, if you take 40,000 steps for the first four days of a week, then doesn't sync for three days, your total would be 40,000 at the end of seven days, yet your average will still be 10,000, as this was the average at the time of your last sync. The average will only be reflected for the days you synced.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Is there a way to reset so we can start at 0 together ? 

Also can you please make a update so it counts everyday and then resets when you sleep ???

Best Answer