Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-set goals for 'Steps' (daily)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know how to re-set the daily goal for number of steps?  Mine is currently set to 10,000 per day, but I would like to change it.  How do I do that?

Brian

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Humbr wrote:

Thanks Mark.  I'm not sure which 'Today' you are referring to....?  The only one I see is in the top left of my dashboard that allows you to select which days activities to display.  When I hover my mouse over it, I don't see anything/  nothing pops up ....

From link in my reply:

1. On the fitbit.com dashboard, hover your cursor over the bottom of the tile you want to adjust. For example, to change your weight goal, hover over the bottom of the weight tile.
  2. Click the gear icon User-added image.
  3. Adjust your goal information. To delete your weight goal, click Delete goal > Done.
  4. Click Save or Done to confirm your changes.

There is a tile labelled "Today" which contains steps and others.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Click steps on phone app main screen, then the gear icon at top right; it lets you change activity goals for several categories.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Johnny - but I'm not using my phone - I'm using the Dashboard on my PC.  I can't seem to find what you're referring to....?

Best Answer
0 Votes

See How do I set or change my Fitbit goals?

For future reference, it helps to tell from the start which kind of dashboard or sync device you are using.  I used to start every answer with asking if using  Android, iPhone, fitbit.com dashboard, or Windows 10 app.  It seemed  most people using phone app and asking just required an extrta round of back-and-forth and slowed down getting the answer out.  So now I usually just assume using phone, and then see if user responds that my answer doesn't make sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Short answer, hover your mouse pointer over "today" on the web page. A gear will appear below the today window. Click the gear and you can change your daily goals. 

Thing I don't like is, if you raise your goals, every day you didn't reach that mark in the past shows as not reaching the goal, even though your goal was lower then. Unless they've changed that since I last tried. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My apologies Johnny - I broke my own rule!  Understood - I'll keep that in mind next time...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Mark.  I'm not sure which 'Today' you are referring to....?  The only one I see is in the top left of my dashboard that allows you to select which days activities to display.  When I hover my mouse over it, I don't see anything/  nothing pops up ....

Best Answer
0 Votes

No apologies relevant, and no disrespect meant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Humbr wrote:

From link in my reply:

1. On the fitbit.com dashboard, hover your cursor over the bottom of the tile you want to adjust. For example, to change your weight goal, hover over the bottom of the weight tile.
  2. Click the gear icon User-added image.
  3. Adjust your goal information. To delete your weight goal, click Delete goal > Done.
  4. Click Save or Done to confirm your changes.

There is a tile labelled "Today" which contains steps and others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Isn't there a section that shows todays steps, distance, active minutes. Etc?. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Mark.  Found it!!  It was at the bottom of my dashboard - where I can't normally see it.  

These things are not obvious though - they should have these under 'Settings' as well (which seems to me the logical place for it).

Brian

Best Answer

You're welcome Brian. Glad you were able to find it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes