Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track a spin class after update on Fitbit blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How is the best way to track a spin class. Do I use the cycle section within exercise.....or just let the blaze work out that I'm exercising (as I do with with combat, attack etc)
Done 1 hour spin class this morning and the blaze hasn't tracked it as any exercise!!! Very frustrating when I'd like to know my calorie burn!!!
Any ideas anyone? Please help cus I'm getting really frustrated-bring back the 'workout' section with exercise please!
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

1) Go to your fitbit and navigate to your device settings.

2) Select Exercise shortcuts

3) Select Spinning

4) Choose add to shortcuts

5) Sync your device.

After that, you should be able to find Spinning as an options under the exercise menu on your blaze.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, if you follow the steps @SunsetRunner has provided above, you will also see the "Workout" option you're asking about. You can re-add that also in addition to "Spinning"

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

1) Go to your fitbit and navigate to your device settings.

2) Select Exercise shortcuts

3) Select Spinning

4) Choose add to shortcuts

5) Sync your device.

After that, you should be able to find Spinning as an options under the exercise menu on your blaze.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, if you follow the steps @SunsetRunner has provided above, you will also see the "Workout" option you're asking about. You can re-add that also in addition to "Spinning"

Best Answer
Thanks have now added the workout and spinning option back into my blaze. Thanks for the help
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the first part, adding Spinning.

Now can you walk me through the second part of actually doing a Spin class?

Best Answer
0 Votes

answered my own question, need to access it on the watch not phone, all good

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry but I need more help! With my blaze, when I go to Exercise there is bike, run, weights, treadmill. Spinnning is not an option. I am surely doing something wrong. (I am finding this on my watch right?) I went to my app on my phone but I cannot figure out how to add spinning.

I wear my polar chest strap on the spin bike and the bike will show 375-425 calorie burn. Do I just manually add that to my fitbit app? I also have my fitbit on so it is recording some calories but not nearly close to what the bike shows. If I manually add those calories then I think I am doubling up in the calorie burn which would not be accurate.

Help!

Thank you very much.

Best Answer
0 Votes
In the app click on the blaze.
Then in exercise shortcuts you can edit which exercises you can track. I replaced bike with spinning.....
Re sync your blaze and it should appear!
Hope that helps
Nikki

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all of this.. I added spin to exercise function pressed start at the start of my spin class   (60 mins) Well what a let down... Blaze only tracked 18mins active mins??  of the 60 mins.  I wore the blaze higher as recomended as well?  When i synced to phone (android samsung galaxy S5.. ) I  heart rate data i can see the time as 61mins.  So why didnt it track the whole spin class???

Best Answer
0 Votes

........................................... I added spin to exercise function pressed start at the start of my spin class   (60 mins) Well what a let down... Blaze only tracked 18mins active mins??  of the 60 mins.  I wore the blaze higher as recomended as well?  When i synced to phone (android samsung galaxy S5.. ) I  heart rate data i can see the time as 61mins.  So why didnt it track the whole spin class???

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi!
Yes I noticed this has happened to me occasionally.....it tracks the whole class but doesn't class it all as active minutes.
I think it may be because you're sat still on a bike rather than moving round a studio as I never have this problem when in a body combat or attack class!!
Hope that helps a little bit at least it still tracks your calories burned etc!!
Keep going!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi  Thank you for your reply But It didnt even track calories for whole class only for the 18 active minutes (120) it tracked was very disapointing when i checked it at end of class.From my old  fitbit charge HR tracker and my old polar watch i have and idea of what i can burn but hoping to see how accurate blaze was in comparison.  well at least it seems to track outdoor cycling pretty. well.  Maybe Ill just use workout mode see how that goes. Ill keep at it 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshots of your spiining log would be very helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You said you moved it further up your wrist? I never move mine but find I have to tighten it for combat....maybe it wasn't reading your heart rate as well as normal. Maybe try it again next time but keep it in the usual place you wear it. Other than that not sure what else to suggest as I have had no problems with that side of things.
Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Check to see if it was logging your heart rate during the class.  only reason I can think of it didn't track active minutes, unless active minutes is strictly related to steps, which you won't get a lot of during a spin class

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive deleted the log as it was useless but i will next time if it happens again in my mext spin class. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes wondering if that may of caused a problem 😕  I only did that because i read it in the manual. I will just do as you said just wear it normally. thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as i can tell it tracked my heart rate, I wasnt expecting steps to counted so thats all good. Ill try it again in the next spin class Ill tighten it  abit as well and see if that makes any difference. 🙂  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am still struggling with an accurate heart rate and subsequent calorie
burn during spin class. I wear a Polar chest heart monitor as well as my
fit bit blaze. Last Thursday I tightened my blaze (thinking it was perhaps
too loose) and watched the heart rate on my blaze as well as on the bike.
It rarely was the same. My blaze heart rate was significantly lower than
what was on the bike which was tracking my chest monitor. At the end of the
class my calorie burn on the bike was 454 but the calorie burn on my blaze
was 134. Huge difference obviously.

My spin instructor has said she believes the bike stats are the accurate
ones - I don't know. But for someone who is trying to lose some weight it
is frustrating. I am tracking my calorie intake but this difference is big.

If anyone has any ideas.................thanks

Leslie

719 680-6745
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive had the same issue.. First time i had tried it using it in a spin class. I started in spin mode but it didnt track much at all  was totally wrong. As i have a rough idea of what i burn in a spin class from other trackers Ive used.    Im going to try it again in Bike mode and if that doesnt work then ill try it on the workout mode next time i do a spin class and see if any of those modes make a difference. If they dont work well  I guess my last resort option  would be to try it on auto track and see what happens. Otherwise i have no idea what to do after that. I love my blaze but will be dissapointed if i cant get it to track a spin class.

Best Answer
0 Votes