Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Calories burned

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I didnt wear my Blaze to sleep last night, and upon waking I put it on. Everything had reset except my calories. I know that I burn some while sleeping (maybe a 300-400ish from midnight on, after the daily reset) however, this morning it showed 2500 calories burned. I typially only burn 2500 - 2700 in a 24 hour period. I double checked all my information (age, height, weight, etc) and everything is accurate. Not sure how to reset this... Please Help!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4
Syncing it for the day may help, I've seen this sort out initial switch on tracking problems like this. Did you leave it switched on overnight, or did you shut it down completely?

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Carey4511 welcome to the Fitbit Community! I would like to know if the advise from @MikeF helped you with the caloric burn on your tracker?  Since it's normal for your tracker to show calories burned in the morning but your number is too high, this is why I would like to know if you are still experiencing issues with it? Also please let me know if you manually added any activity for the night? Did your Dashboard showed more calories burned for that day? The answer to this questions can help me determine what happened with your information that day, on the other side if you are still experiencing issues with your caloric burn in the morning my advise is to contact our support team for assistance, they can take a look at your tracker's back-end information and provide you personalized assistance. 

Let me know how it helps! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
While at the gym I was on the stair climber for 30 minutes and climbed over 80 floors yet my Blaze tracker only shows two floors climbed. Why is that??
Best Answer
0 Votes
Because the Blaze detects a floor through an air pressure change corresponding to a 10ft change in height. As you didn't actually climb any stairs, you never changed altitude so the Blaze had nothing to measure.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes