Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem charging during setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I received my fitbit blaze I immediately opened it and tried to set it up. It will not let me update it to use it because of a low battery. Every time I plug it in the fitbit logo comes up and not a battery image or anything of the sort. How do I know that it is actually charging? I have charged it on 2 seperate computers and I do not know what to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Christian7cp Hey! Welcome to the Community!

I would try restarting your Blaze and see if that helps.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Christian7cp if the screen has the setup message their will be no charging indicator.. Charge it for an hour, not more than two, then try an update again. The app will tell you if the battery is still low.. If the app starts the update then it charged. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Getting a new charger sent to me from fitbit themselves! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have same problem on Fitbit Blaze bought through Amazon.com.  Box contained USB charger cable/adapter for tracker/face unit.  Plugged it in USB port and doesnt't show charging - just see set up graphic on screen - got notice need to charge - but doesn't charge - could be cable ?  Called Fitbit Support - Luis was tech - verified no Bluetooth on my computer - so sending me wireless synch dongle - express mail - to solve problem.   Frustrated but appreciated Luis's Help - Hope his wireless synch dongle will enable charging ?

8/05/2016/Al

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem here...:( I'm in India...got fitbit blaze from US....when I tried to set it up ..it said battery low..tried charging it but no battery icon displayed...
Best Answer

@Christian7cp I had the same problem during my setup. I think the update process drained out the battery or it did not come with enough charge. The issue is that when the Fitbit logo is displayed it does not show if it is charging or not - but if you were able to connect it to your mobile via bluetooth then the application would show the battery as low and after sometime it would show it as medium. Keep the blaze on charge for atleast 2 - 2.5 hours and then try the update process. Once the update is done then the charge icon is displayed on the blaze as well. This worked for me and hopefully fixes your problem as well. All the best!

Best Answer

@Christian7cp@AL1234@Renison and @DeepaKhatri welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂 If the Blaze is not set up to your account it will only display the Fitbit logo and as @Renison mentioned it will not show the battery icon, so if you are getting the low battery notification when trying to set up, leave your tracker on the cradle for up to 2 hours to ensure a full charge and attempt to set up the tracker again. If after this you are still having issues contact our support team for assistance. @AL1234 the Dongle is for syncing purposes only. If you are still experiencing issues with your tracker please try to leave it for a couple or hours on the charging cradle and then try to set up the tracker again. Let me know if this helps. @Rich_Laue thanks for your cooperation! 😉 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes