Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Step, Distance and Sleep Tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze is highly inaccurate with sleep tracking, step count, and distance.  Every morning I have to manually adjust the sleep times for when I go to bed and usually when I wake up.  I just tested my Blaze this morning on a fitness walk against the Map My Walk app on my iPhone and the iPhone Health App.  Both the Map My Walk and iPhone Health App showed a distance of 3.5 miles with 7,384 & 7,113 steps respectively.  The Blaze tracked my walk at 2.5 miles with 5,078 steps.  The odometer on my car also tracks the walk at 3.5 miles.  I do move my arms when walking so it should be countying my steps properly.  I have no idea why the GPS is 1 mile off.  I've submitted the issues to fitbit support but after reading some of the other posts, it looks like this is a common problem.  Also, the calorie count seems very low to me, but I can't think of any way to prove that.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hey @drlindalou. Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your tracker si not being accurate. At this point, I would recommend restarting it if it's something you have not tried yet. To restart your tracker, press and hold the left and lower right buttons for 10-15 seconds until it turns off and back on and after that try it out. For the steps, try to count 100 steps in your head and then compare it to the data on your tracker and also take it to bed to test the sleep tracking.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
One thing about sleep tracking is that currently it is unable to tell when you go to bed, but does a caddie good job of detecting tje time of falling asleep
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also been having problems with the accuracy of the Blaze.  Today, for example, it stated I was awake once for 12 minutes when I know I was up and out of bed twice and awake for over an hour.  I purchased the Blaze for sleep tracking above all else.  And yes, I have reset the device with no improvement.  I actually reset it again this morning after seeing the lack of accurate sleep information again.

It also is not accurate for steps taken.  This morning it said I had over 400 steps when I know I could not have had half of that number.

So far I have been very dissatisfied with my device.  Unfortunately it is beyond being able to be returned since I kept it this long to give it a chance to adapt to my use.

Best Answer
I try to note what time I go to bed and what time I get up. Then I edit the sleep log in the Fitbit app with those times and it seems to be quite accurate in showing restlessness and awake cycles and times. It just doesn't record the time I go to sleep & rise accurately.

My Blaze way underestimates my number of steps where yours overestimates them. It's frustrating because I think I would have many more days with 10K steps and feel "cheated".

Sent from Linda's iPhone
Best Answer

Unfortunately the Blaze does not have any idea or way of knowing when you go to bed or get out of bed. If you remember these times you can go into the app and edit your sleep record to show the time to fall asleep and time to wake before getting out of bed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all those things.  I reset it again for the second time this morning after I saw how far off the sleep tracker was, again.  Since I have purchased the Blaze, I have worn it 24/7 except when I have taken a shower.

So your suggestions are not what I am looking for, sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It wasn't an issue with me regarding the time I go to bed, but the only accurate thing I have found with the sleep function is that it does note when I go to sleep and wake up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, reset my Fitbit Blaze again (2nd time) and it recorded that I took 49 steps this morning.  I counted 23.

It said I was awake once and restless 8 times for a total of 16 minutes.  I was awake twice for a total of nearly an hour according to my alarm clock.

I am HIGHLY disappointed in the function of this Fitbit Blaze and would not recommend this to anyone!!!

Best Answer

I continue to have the same problems with my Blaze.  It is far and away the worst product I have ever purchased.  Fitbit even replaced it with a new Blaze and it still function poorly.  I spent all this money for something that is beyond highly inaccurate!!!!  I purchased this product with two things in mind, how many steps I take and how long I sleep with how many times I wake.  It fails miserably on both counts.  When I am asked about what product to buy, I steer anyone that asks to another product and stay away fromr Fitbit.  I have a friend that purchased a smaller device for a third of what I purchased this Blaze for and according to him, it is very accurate.  I guess I just have to suck it up and realize I purchased a worthless product and find something else and put this on Craig's List.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't tell you how many times I've reset my Blaze with NO CHANGE IN FUNCTION.  This morning, for example, it read I took 28 steps from bed to bathroom, it is 9 steps.  I stir my coffee with my left hand and it tells me I have taken a dozen steps. That is simply stirring my coffee with a spoon and it says I've walked 9 steps! 

This product simply sucks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to be patient with my FitBit Blaze, but I can no longer tolerate it!!!!!  This thing simply does not work!!  Last night was the last straw.  It shows I was awake between 2:22 am and 3:26 am.  I was NOT awake during that time.  I know this because I always look at the clock beside the bed when I do wake up.  And I was not "restless" for over an hour either!!!

Why on this earth can you not develop a product that does what it says it will do?  I didn't spend nearly $300 to have a piece of crap on my wrist!  I talked to a friend that has an $89.00 generic tracker that he has no issues with at all. 

I cannot express in words my severe frustration with your product!!  Last night was the last time I will wear this.  I am putting it on Craig's List for sale and find some other sucker to try it.

Best Answer
0 Votes