Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Step count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Blaze and noticed I get very different step counts depending on how I wear it.  I wear it all the time and all through the day. My commute to work is a 1.75 mile each way. By the time I get into my office I have about 4,500 steps. Occasionally I will put the face of my Blaze in the pocket of my running pants during a 4 or 5 mile run as it tends to slide and I don't like wearing it too tight.  This will put me around 8,500-10,000 steps. Yesterday, I had it in my pocket for a 4 mile run and had about 8,500 steps. Today, I decided to wear it on my wrist for the 4 miles and only had 5,500 steps.  Why are these step counts so different?? 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

You are not the only one. I would suggest contacting tech. support and getting a replacement. My battery started heating up soon after the count issues started. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Jacqs and @NobleTruth thanks for stopping by.

If your tracker is not being accurate, I recommend restarting your Blaze. After the restart process, I recommend walking 100 steps and let me know how many the tracker registered. Also, keep in mind that your tracker estimates your information based on your settings. Check your dominant hand and stride length.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I started to see the same issue. I go to the Gym daily and use the Elliptical. One day I do 35 min and get over 5000 steps. Then the last couple days I look down after 20 min and it does not even read 1500. 

I have reset, did everything i can think of but it seams lately I am just loosing steps daily. I don't want to buy a new one but this one looks to be junk lately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see new faces @mdriggin, welcome!

Keep in mind that if you are doing exercise with an elliptical, you are actually not moving your arms like you do when you are walking so it would be normal if the Blaze doesn't record as many steps as you want. You can also follow the instructions I provided in my previous post to see how accurate your device is being.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes