Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate mapping

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went for a 5.5mile run this morning. My mile times and distance were recorded accurately but the map was screwed up. The map showed the same way on strava. I was connected to my phone during my run. 

Screenshot_20170525-093243.png

As you can see it tracks my first recorded mile as 3 mile point and is actually an inaccurate record of where I ran. I have also had an intermittent problem of my tracker switching off at exactly 1.98 miles and switching back on, however, when this happens I lose my connection to my phone and have to restart my run, This obviously affects my average run mile time etc. Is it possible these two problems are linked? And that the problem is coming from the tracker? My GPS on my phone is working fine. My tracker is just over 1 year old and I am losing confidence in it. Many thanks for your help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It's great to see you around @celiawheelia and thanks for the attachment. Keep in mind that you will be able to see your map for the GPS connected feature. If your tracker is not connecting with your phone's GPS, you might be able to see some discrepancies in your information. 

By the attachment I can see that your 5.5 miles were tracked correctly and that there are not pauses in your exercise. I recommend taking a look at this post, follow the instructions and test this one more time. 

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes