Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since I’ve had my Fitbit (since sept 18) I’ve just thought I must be lazier than others. But several times I’m with my family who also gave fitbits on wrists and we are all shopping together or running around setting up for something and I’m as busy or busier than others and my count is 1/2 of theirs. Today my daughter was wearing my husband’s Fitbit and we were at Costco and her steps were easily double mine. I adjusted my stride length (I’m short) but it still seems to be happening. I had an incredibly busy day last week and ended up with only 8000 steps and the rest of my cohorts had 14-16000

Any thoughts on sensitivities??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

If you were pushing a shopping cart around, steps might not be detected because the wrist is held steady instead of swinging.

Check the setting for which wrist it is on.  It is less sensitive on dominant wrist to help filter out non-step activities, but I have no idea how much of a difference that makes.

Stride length does not affect number of steps;  it would be used to convert number of steps to distance.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t use both hands on the cart for that reason actually. And often this issue isn’t while pushing a cart but just out with friends/family with Fitbits...doing the same things and mine is 1/2 the amount. I have it on non-dominant for wrist. I don’t get it???

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes