Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Active Minutes and Fit Bit Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I currently noticed that I was 'awared' 95 active minutes - when I go into my application under active minutes and tap on the column for the 95 Min it brings up a more detailed day view. If I further tap on the columns to see how many minutes I was awarded and what times the total adds up to 36. I've noticed this happening since I purchased the Blaze and have been using it. It's a little confusing to understand if I genuinely only have TOTAL 36 active minutes, why does the regular app show 95... 

Blaze 1.jpgBlaze 2.png  Blaze 3.png

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@tashal24 I've checked in with my Android friend (@ErickFitbit), and this looks to be exclusive to the platform, at least in our comparison. It looks to be functioning properly on iOS for the time being. We'll look into this a bit more for you!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

@EmersonFitbit I can confirm that my Galaxy S5 is doing the same thing. My numbers aren't off to quite the extreme listed above.  I am running Android Kitkat on my device.

Best Answer

My Samsung S5 is doing the same thing. But when I view it on the website, it shows the same number as the larger of the two on my phone but also shows the "missing" active minutes on the graph. For instance, on my phone and my desktop, it shows I have 46 active minutes overall. The graph on the desktop shows all 46, with 31 being during my logged exercise at lunch and 15 being in the morning while I was walking around getting ready for work. But when I click into the 46 minutes on my phone it only shows 31 and the graph shows only the time during my logged work out. So, it seems that parts of the app and website show all active minutes with a lower threshold for what they consider active and the drill down on the phone and graph seems to only count what I've logged or the more intense active minutes. Could be that when they switched to only active minutes instead of very active/active minutes, they didn't update all places of the phone app?

Best Answer

I have the same issue and unfortunately the live chat, help line and email where just giving me links which weren't helpful. Is there a solution for this yet? I have been having a ton of problems with inconsistencies from active minutes and floor counts all the way to random steps being added while I'm not even wearing the watch!! I would really appreciate an update because if there is no fix for these problems I will probably return it 😞

Addition: I have a Galaxy S6 that I am running with my Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I checked my active minutes on a desktop and from what I can tell, only the Very Active minutes are being counted on the graph on my phone.  But, the total active minutes on my dashboard is including both the Very Active and Fairly Active minutes.  Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue the other day and I was planning to dive deeper to troubleshoot as to why. Now, this explains it. I hope they fix it, but I am sadly not confident that it'll get fixed soon, as there are other issues with the app, like in the food logging part, which were noticed many months ago and brought up on these forums and a feature request was made but those very same issues continue to exist in the app to this day. Looks like they are not very good at fixing reported bugs from here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with active minutes. And I have an iPhone. Is there a fix for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Corey3146! Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your active minutes not showing correctly.

I would probably suggest two things. The first is to restart your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. After that, log out of the app by going to the account section at the bottom right corner. Scroll down at the bottom and tap on "Log out". Log back in making sure you're using the same email address and password you were using before and see if this makes any difference.

Let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes