Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Blaze bigger than Surge?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any photos with Blaze and Surge side by side or Blaze and Apple Watch side by side?  I am just trying to picture how big it will look on my wrist.  I currently have the Surge and would love to get a color screen with calendar notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@hytek369I was able to find the following picture of the Blaze next to an Apple watch and also some sizing charts so you can get a better idea of the fit. Hope you find these useful.

BlazeApple.jpg

Blaze:

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 3.34.40 PM.png

Surge:

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 3.34.59 PM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I haven't seen any comparison photos but my feeling is that it's a little squatter but maybe a bit longer than the Surge.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@hytek369I was able to find the following picture of the Blaze next to an Apple watch and also some sizing charts so you can get a better idea of the fit. Hope you find these useful.

BlazeApple.jpg

Blaze:

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 3.34.40 PM.png

Surge:

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 3.34.59 PM.png

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit

This is awesome.  Thank you so much.

Best Answer

@hytek369 My pleasure! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
Any idea if that's a 42mm Apple Watch?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerNo idea.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IW1206MT wrote:
Any idea if that's a 42mm Apple Watch?

@SunsetRunner From the specs the Blaze is slightly larger than the 42mm Apple Watch. Here is a picture of Blaze next to 42mm Apple Watch:

http://versus.com/en/s/size/apple-watch-vs-fitbit-blaze

So it looks like the Blaze is a little bigger than 42mm Apple Watch and a good bit bigger than 38mm Apple Watch.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@bbarrera That's a super cool comparison tool! Thanks for sharing.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

my biggest issue with the Surge is that it doesn't fit comfortably under a work shirt, I find myself constantly taking off the cuffs whenever I need to look at it. Can't tell from those pics if the Blaze is a bit flatter than the Surge, but thanks for posting it's a great start.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mnmio15 Blaze is consideraly flatter than the Surge, and (in my opinion) fits better under a long-sleeve. This is due to the exclusion of GPS.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

Best Answer
And the Blaze is SO much more attractive! Not to mention changeable bands.
fitbit flex user
"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance....." from "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack
Best Answer
I know, kinda sucks that my girlfriend bought me the Surge for Christmas, would be a bit rude of me to get rid of it so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Consider this "best of both worlds" scenario- Use the Surge for days you're running/doing high-intensity activities and use the Blaze for every day wear with some exercise spinkled in. Robot wink

Best Answer

@mnmio15

When your girlfriend purchased the tracker from Fitbit, and still has the receipt it can be possible for her to get a full refund*. Of course this means being without a tracker until the Blaze comes out.

Only thing to do.. Try telling your girlfriend..Smiley Wink

* Feel free to check out out http://www.fitbit.com/returns

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is it that easy to switch between devices? How does the software keep track of your activities if you keep switching devices?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Spike6231

When multiple trackers are linked to the account, it's as easy as just wearing the tracker you wish to use. The magic happens automatically.

Of course best to wear / use one device at a time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The magic happens in the cloud after the Fitbits are synced,  the sent knows which tracker was moving ate which time,  then uses the active tracker. 

Pretty neet!

Best Answer

I've had challenges switching devices, had the flex and charge hr. Finally gave up and just have the charge HR of course i preodered the blaze and it just shipped. So... I'll be giving it another go. 

I use the IOS app and found that I would lose steps if I tried to wear the flex all day and switch to the charge hr for a night run for example.. 

2015 Fitbit flex (retired) Charge HR /Blaze/Aria 2016 Put one foot in front of the other..and REPEAT
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze just arrived to replace my Charge HR.  Loved the CHR but the Blaze screen is amazing. 

The Blaze had about 50% on the battery out of the box and it will need to update the software after it connects to your phone.  I have had the Surge in the past but it was just plain ugly where the Blaze is not so bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes