Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Blaze discontinued?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was set to buy a new Fitbit, the Blaze. But now I see that Fitbit doesn't offer it anymore, although they sell them on Amazon. What is the deal with the Blaze? Has it been discontinued?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

I believe it has went on sale everywhere because they came out with the new fitbit versa that is almost the same but newer, and can do more things. I say thus because I got mine on sale 2 days ago for $40 at Wal-Mart

Best Answer
Thank you.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Kitn1 and @crhc thanks for stopping by.

We're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we’ve decided to discontinue selling Blaze on fitbit.com. Please note that we’ll continue to support Blaze from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product.

Let me know if you need anything else. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you say it will be supported from a software standpoint does that mean that fitbit will continue pushing updates to blaze owners? And if so how long will that last for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you guys continue the support of Blaze. I got mine about a year ago and it is working just fine for monitoring my heart. Only problem is that the battery started to drain pretty fast. Had to recharge it every night - before it only needed to recharged every 4 or 5 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see why you would discontinue the blaze...the left button on tracker fell off...you offer no replacement or button.  you offer a discount for me to purchase another device.  Why would I buy anything else when I spent over $200 for this watch,.  The tracker still works.  Just need the button.

Best Answer

My blazer needs a new battery. Where do I get one. I bought my blazer on  Dec 2016.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah you are pretty much screwed. They did this to me with my last tracker, told me I had to buy a new one, it was 14 months old. I should have learned my lesson, but I decided to give them another chance, and surprise surprise they screwed me again!
$200 + on this. Don't get me wrong I like the tracker and the features just Lothe the company in a way no mortal being should. 
Good luck, as long as your battery lasts you'll be ok, but just remember basically all of this companies craps is throwaway because after you buy it they will leave you in the lurch! 

Best Answer
I asked if the Blaze had been discontinued because I could not find it in their product line and – I was looking to buy it. I did not ask whether you like the company. I got my first fitbit almost 4 years ago – the Surge. I loved it! When it broke down within the warranty period, fitbit promptly replaced it for me. When the strap broke a few months later, again fitbit replaced it. My Surge then went on for 3 more years without incident. Finally my old Surge wouldn’t charge fully. I considered replacing with the Blaze but opted for the Versa instead. I love my Versa!!! Fitbit has earned my respect.
Best Answer

Same thing happened to me!

Best Answer

I have had lengthy telephone conversations and emails  with customer support re my failing Blaze. No one of course mentioned it is discontinued but after just reading other people’s issues I guess they are tired of hearing from us. I loved my Blaze for the 2 years and then issues began 3 months ago. Disappointing not to get straight answers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree they honestly do not care. I think they know of all of the issues
and the volume of complaints were more than they could handle so they just
washed their hands of whole thing and discontinued it.
Best Answer

Never buying fitbit again. Bought the blaze then a year later its discontinued with no real support for it. I spent good money and was screwed by this.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Blaze is no longer holding a charge. Do you think that I need to buy a new charger? Are they available anymore? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lstevens14   I looked at your profile and saw that you joined Fitbit in 2016, the year the Blaze was released.  If your Blaze is your original Fitbit, then you need to know that the lifespan of a rechargeable battery is 3-5 years.  Sadly, your battery is behaving like it is at its end of life.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes