Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit compatible with Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have connected my Fitbit Blaze with my new Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) smartphone.

But now it is not possible any more to receive notifications on my Fitbit.

What can I do about this to resolve this problem?

Is the Fitbit Blaze not compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)?

Thanks for your feetback.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

A warm welcome to the Community @Dietert! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. I was checking the list of supported devices and it looks like Samsung Galaxy A5 isn't listed yet. There are some mobiles that will sync with Fitbit but since they aren't in the list, they won't sync fully sync. 

Rest assure that Fitbit is always trying to add new ones to the website. Your patience and understanding is appreciated. Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Is the Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) expected soon to be on the list of compatible devices ? Hope so ! 

Best Answer

I received my fit bit alta for christmas . 

Ive been bugging my husband for one all year and now i found out one of the main reasons i wanted one isnt even a possible option for me . I have a samsung a5 2017 . I just bought it and it will only partially sync to my fit bit alta Why? All my steps and calories ect all get sent to my phone.  But i can not see any of my messages or phone calls on my fir bit . The whole reason i wanted the fit bit was to not miss any important phone calls and messages while running after my toddler.  

So my question is why cant i sync everything yet? This phone has been out for moths and so has the alta .

Best Answer

I had the same problem.  Got the Charge2 for my birthday yesterday expressly so when my wife calls I wouldn't miss the calls. And unfortunately Samsung A5 is not compatible. So I'm voting with my feet and just return the product for a full refund. If you bought from Fitbit - they offer a full refund (I spoke to support to confirm). If you bought from a retailor so long as you have your receipt it's the same deal. That's the only way to influence the vendor - vote with your feet.

Best Answer

Hi is there any update on this? Its very disappointing if the issue isnt resolved yet considering the Blaze was compatible with the previous Samsung A5. A response would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For all the people who has a galaxy A3/5 2017, don't waste time, fitbit never goin to add this phone to "the list" so, is better use the Samsung health app, is very good, too similar the fitbit app nad works no matter galaxy you have.

Best Answer
0 Votes