Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Internet connectivity required for syncing with an app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is Internet connectivity required for syncing with an app?

Having to be connected to the Internet is the major inconvenience of Charge HR if I want to check my activity at the end of the day or right after a workout.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

A successful sync happens when the Fitbit data is put on the Fitbit server. Once on the server the sleep details are then computed. The app then goes out to the server to get the sleep data. 

Best Answer

Hi, @rahigle! You definitely don't need to sync every day to get the sleep data. I generally only sync every few days and have never had a problem with that. I do agree it would be nice to get the time zone update locally rather than from a sync.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

wrote:

Hi, @rahigle! You definitely don't need to sync every day to get the sleep data. I generally only sync every few days and have never had a problem with that. I do agree it would be nice to get the time zone update locally rather than from a sync.

I have just returned from a 10 day cruise and for two of the days I had no internet connection, I had no sleep data. For two of the days that I did have internet where the timezone changed the sleep data was either lost or corrupted meaning that the full sleep cycle for both those days were not processed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have just added a new variable, a time change. Which probably as you realize is the reason for the loss. 

Best Answer

why do we need sincing

Best Answer
0 Votes

A sync takes the data from your watch and places it in your online Fitbit account. This then allows you to use all the fun features Fitbit offers. 

Best Answer