Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with recording Elliptical workouts.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Blaze for a little more than a month now. My elliptical and walking are my main workouts because of bad knees. My first elliptical workout I opted for the Blaze to recognize my workout as it did when I went walking. When I finished there was no record of my workout. So every time since I go to exercise and select elliptical to start my workouts.

But the Blaze only records 35 to 40 % of my steps (strides), and only 15 to 20 % of the distance vs what my elliptical records. I have a high end NordicTrack elliptical. I always have my hands on the moving poles.

I have read other post suggesting attaching the Blaze to a pants leg to properly count my steps. this may work but then I'm not recording my heart rate. The stride length of my elliptical is 18 inches. Would it help to change my step distance from 28 to 18 inches when I do the elliptical?

The calorie count is close, usually with in 20 to 30 calories of each other which seems odd seeing the discrepancy in the other categories.  

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

When  you are holding on to the bars as it will not count accurately. Also you not covering an exact distance because you are not moving forward.It will never match what the Machine says because its not step based

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. So what is the solution, or isn't there one? One would think that by using the elliptical setting that that would capture all of the work being done during the workout. Kinda sucks when the elliptical is my main option for working out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wendy, I just did a test: I walked 10 steps with my arms tight to my sides and my step count stayed as it was before the 10 steps. Then I stood still and only moved my arm with the Blaze on it as if I was walking. The Blaze counted each arm swing. So as I have read else where on this forum the step counter is triggered off the arm swing when walking and doesn't have anything to do with distance covered.

Best Answer
0 Votes