Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left button stopped working after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since I updated my Fitbit Blaze, the left 'back' button hasn't worked and I'm stuck on the 'today' page. 

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

Hi  there @he3reigns. Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

I'd recommend restarting your tracker. For this of course, you will need the left button but it's just to see if the tracker reacts to this combination. Press the left and lower right buttons for about 10-15 seconds and your tracker should restart right after that. If your tracker just doesn't restart of doesn't respond at all, feel free to get in touch with the Support Team, let them know what you have already tried and I'm pretty sure they will be happy to get you back on track.

Let me know if you need any more help with this! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does swiping to the right work to go from the "Today" page to the clock? Or is it just using the left button that does not work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it's the actual button that is not working @SunsetRunner because he said that he's stuck in the "Today" section, Once you tap on it, it will show you your stats for the day but the only way to go back to the other screens once you're in that section is by using the "back" button.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

My left button stoped working after11 months . very annoying...

Can't do a restart with out it.

Tryed shutting it down, that didn't work.

Now what???

Best Answer

It's great to see you here @Troystoy, thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself.

If your tracker's button is not working, you may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. The only way I can get it unstuck is to put it into the charger. That works immediately for me. Unfortunately, the Blaze is doing this two to three times per day. Getting annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the stuck left button a few times. I do a hard reset each time holding the left and lower right buttons and usually not a problem for a while after that. I have probably had to do that about 6 times, but no problems for the last few weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Ppeters2 and @nanonoise it's great to see you around. I would like to know if you have followed the tip I provided in my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend trying those tips and then test your Blaze.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and have tried all the recommendations.  Nothing has worked.  Given the number of people with this issue, this is a product defect.  What recommendations does fitbit have for a real fix for this? Or do we need to start look into at another product for our health devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the response. There is no dirt in the left button. Mechanically it works just fine. I can feel it depress the switch inside the Blaze and I cannot see any contamination.
I feel like this is an issue with the software because when mine gets stuck, none of the buttons work and the only way to get it back is to place into the charger.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze had this issue.  I tried the cleaning steps as recommended without effect.  Putting it into the charger had no effect.  I was traveling so I could not address the issue with the vendor for a few days, it drained fully so I put it in the charger and it started working again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
They replaced mine. The new one is working great. I went to the Fitbit website and clicked on the live chat link. The person asked a few questions and took care of the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I ended up calling fitbit after trying everything and they replaced the
watch piece itself. Problem solved.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up doing the same thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree it's a software issue.  There is no response when I press the left button unless I press it numerous times.

When I shutdown through the Settings menu, the watch starts up right away when I press the left button, the first time.  So, I'm convinced there's no issue with the left button other than a software issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issue here, but mine has both the back and bottom buttons non responsive.  I spoke to support as well but mine is over a year old so i am SOL 😞

Does anyone know a way to force a firmware update, might solve it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started this a few days ago,exact same issue. And mine is over a year old.... so I guess I'm stuck ??

iPhone 7 Plus ios11.1 Samsung, Sense, Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I drained the power and recharged and it has not re-occurred again in
over three weeks. Try that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how to force a firmware update, but after letting the power drain to 0, I fully charged it and it started working.  I would try that and then do a firmware update.

Best Answer
0 Votes