Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left button stopped working after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since I updated my Fitbit Blaze, the left 'back' button hasn't worked and I'm stuck on the 'today' page. 

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

I let mine run down to the point where all I had was the empty battery sign, but it didn't help.  Did you leave it longer before recharging?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was traveling so I don't know how long it was drained.  I recommend leaving it for a few days, and then charge it.  Maybe that will help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had mine replaced by fitbit , it was less then a year old.

How ever, you can change the watch face on your phone app and it will take you back to your main screen on your watch. Hope this helps for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this same problem and have had it since June this year - having had it 13 months of course - on top of the left hand button not working - I am having so much trouble syncing it 

so today I remove the blaze from the app to reset it all and now because I can’t press the left hand button I can’t reset it and I am left with a dud expensive Fitbit - since June I have had the most frustrating time with the blaze 

does anyone know how I can reset it without having to use the left button (the left button and bottom right also don’t work together so I can’t ecen switch it off) 

thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit, are you listening?  It appears your update has "left" us (notice emphasis on left as in the left-hand button, as in it has left us, and as in "you" have left us) hanging.

Care to look into this issue so we can all get back our functionality?

For some, they clearly have a left-hand button issues (a "hard" problem) and others like me it functions when it's shut down every time on first button press and sometimes after many continual button presses to get it to go to the main panel, i.e. the clock face (a "soft" problem) that can probably be solved by a software update, if you're up to it.  Fortunately for me, I still have a month to get this watch replaced at a cost to you (which is unfortunate for you).

Can you at least take care of the others that are not as fortunate as me?  Not great for customer service.

Best Answer

Same issue and tried everything, not sure If I will get a replacement but if not I will definitely buy a apple watch as opposed to the fitbit ionic. Too many fitbit blaze have this issue so it’s something wrong with their manufacturing process in my opinion. Surely they can do a software update where you double tap to take you back.

Best Answer

One thing that works for me (only the top right button works) is to hold in the left button while swiping down on the screen. it will then take you back after a few swipes.

At least makes it usable until Fitbit finally acknowledges its an issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine!

I would like to know if you keep having issues with your Blaze buttons? If you do, I recommend taking a look at my previous post.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

just want to say thank your to the Fitbit team for their excellent customer service. Unfortunately if you are in the same situation as I was, the damage is not repairable however if still in warranty fitbit will replace it.

thanks Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Fitbit for replacing my watch. It was within warranty.

Hopefully replacement will last longer.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

After research I have found a SOLUTION Smiley LOL . I plug it into the charger, but not close the trap, press back button and it WORKS Smiley LOLSmiley LOL . Anyone figured out yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seeing that there are so many other Fitbit users having this issue I am 100% sure this is a software issue! Fitbit has left us all stranded with non-working watches and when we call in to chat they just tell us to buy a new tracker! Not acceptable. This is a software issue in Fitbit needs to fix it

Best Answer

I contacted support and they said that there was nothing that they could do. Very disappointing. In the past, I bought the HR charge, the flex, the blaze and the Versa special edition. The Versa was my favorite. Not buying another one though. Can't afford to.

Best Answer

Didn't work for me.😣

Best Answer
0 Votes